• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    I have a Kahr CM9 along with a 4" revovler and couple of stubby .38's. Also have .22 rifle and shotgun. Can't afford a FS 9mm yet but also have a WASR 10 ak47. Should I sell/trade the WASR for FS 9 or stand pat with what I have?

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    Griffin, can't get rid of them. (1) Stainless Secty Six, (1) Blued Speed Six, and (1) SW Model 40-1. The SW is a classic nickel'd "Lemon Squeezer" never fired and the Rugers are both in excellent condition. They are definate pass down's to my son. I also have a Browning 1910 in excellent blued condition. My next gun will be a fullsize 9mm but I'm just wondering if I should wait til next year or sell my AK to get it now? Is a WASR worth holding on too. I figure chances of me shooting a gun in need is far less than having fun with them at the range. Should I need them for other applications I'm sure these will work fine too.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Stop doubting and give a real account of what you have and what you need them for...If you have experience with the revolvers(use not time in your possession) and trust them to and your skills to get the job done then KEEP them. You will have to acquire the same skill and confidence with what ever new gun you buy. To me it sounds like the Ak in needed as it fills an niche in your battery of arms that would otherwise be empty.

caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    In that condition my next step would be to make sure I had a surplus of ammunition. How much of each if you shot for a couple of years. In the meantime watch the sales for good priced 9mm ammo and put it back till buying a handgun fit the budget. It lets you ease into your purchases.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What's the purpose the gun will serve for you? What purposes do the others serve? Are you looking to share calibers/mags, etc once all is said and done, or to cover your bases on many different calibers?

We need more information to make a solid recommendation.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Wheel guns are invaluable, invest in reloading and you will discover why that is. My main carry piece is a 4" 686SSR now for reasons I've learned with my own experience and because of what I can make on my press.

Grab a decent AR15 and forget anything else until you save up and buy it.
    The AKs are fine, but one worth considering will be $800-1000+. Either get an arsenal or forget it, money doesn't grow on trees anymore and it can't afford to be wasted. You're better off with a platform the US can actually produce correctly and affordably as opposed to a "refurbished" AK that comes from a questionable company.

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    Tombs, there's an answer I can live with, thanks. However, IMO the 7.62x.39 is a better round then the lighter .223. that should start an argument. Why do I need to spend $800 on an AR 15?

dwickstrom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Keep the wasr ammo mags and parts are cheap I would get rid of some of the revolvers or just save save save and get a good deal paying cash.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    It's taken me years to come around to this conclusion, but you are absolutely right. :yesway:
    QFT!
    I've only sold 2 my entire life, but I still eventually regretted selling both of them.

IMHO, keep the WASR. Just save your $ and get that next one.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    First rule of thumb.......................Don't ever sell any guns! Ever!

That's a horrible rule!!! If you don't sell, how can I buy!

But seriously, I buy guns, try guns, maybe sell guns. No reason to keep a gun you don't want to keep.

And OP,
    You got ten response with ten different options - sell the revolvers, keep 'em, sell the WASR, keep it....

A 9mm isn't as necessary as you might think and what's essential varies from person to person - The right answer isn't on INGO, it's in you. :cool:

bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Your bases seem covered to me pistol, rifle, shotgun. What are you needing the guns for, you never said? If self defense, shotgun is always the best option IMHO, (sorry, not as much) penetration to kill other people, ability to control, don't have to be AS precise, pistol second, rifle never if you can avoid it.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Defense comes in three basic flavors with sub-variants. It will be a matter of protecting yourself from threats here, there, and way over there. Your shotgun and handguns will do quite nicely against threats here. The WASR will do nicely against threats there. It sounds to me like the two voids in your stock of arms would be threats way over there (i.e., a gang of dangerous hoodlums headed your way with no good on their minds) or a gunfight in a confined area (i.e., a gang of dangerous hoodlums in your living room) which your shotgun should manage provided that it is a pump or semi-auto. I recommend incremental improvement as you can manage. I will second the notion that the 92 isn't going to be a game-changer in your situation. I will also recommend against selling anything. You can use only one handgun at a time, but there is also the issue of arming the remainder of your family in a critical situation or an SHTF.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Your bases seem covered to me pistol, rifle, shotgun. What are you needing the guns for, you never said? If self defense, shotgun is always the best option IMHO, no over penetration to kill other people, ability to control, don't have to be AS precise, pistol second, rifle never if you can avoid it.

Your kidding, right? :wallbash:

Myths:
    1. Shotgun spread pattern is sufficient in the home.
    2. Shotgun ammo won't over-penetrate.
    3. Rifles shouldn't be used for H-D.

SORRY :hijack:

Top Bottom