Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A patient the other day was watching TV and trump came on. She was 25. Her friend said "that man better not get elected, he's going to take away yours and everyone's disability check under age 65! That's how me and my old man raise our little man".

My patient was 25, pregnant, and smoking. Zero interest in life. It was so sad.

...are we talking the hot or nicotine?

Kut (thinks it obviously needs clarification)

disbaility, not referring to baby daddy as a husband, pregnant, and smoking.

yeah, I'm sure she's a Muncie 7

Hey.... that'll do in a pinch

How many teeth did she have?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You posted something, that I think you don't quite understand the history of. Look up the Atlanta Compromise. Despite being from Alabama, I detest Booker T. Washington.

OT: Speaking of Alabama, they sure looked like **** the other night. For a quarter. And then they looked more like their ranking.
    Hurt. That kid has a pretty good future.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OT: Speaking of Alabama, they sure looked like **** the other night. For a quarter. And then they looked more like their ranking.
    Hurt. That kid has a pretty good future.

We don't shine to 'Bama in my household. War Eagle all the way.... and of course, UF. Out of the SEC, Nebraska.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    You posted something, that I think you don't quite understand the history of. Look up the Atlanta Compromise. Despite being from Alabama, I detest Booker T. Washington.
    .The DuBois ideology has had 100 years to solve the black man's problems,and they are still waiting............The Compromise gave 2 paths.Some may have chosen poorly?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We don't shine to 'Bama in my household. War Eagle all the way.... and of course, UF. Out of the SEC, Nebraska.

It's Maise and Blue and Big 10 in this house. But I do admire Alabama's program.

Auburn took one to the chin Saturday. Good thing, from my point of view. That game put me over the top in top 20 picks with my son.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    .The DuBois ideology has had 100 years to solve the black man's problems,and they are still waiting............The Compromise gave 2 paths.Some may have chosen poorly?

If I thought you actually understood what you were saying, and hadn't discovered what the Atlanta Compromise was 5 minutes ago, it would make for an interesting conversation, as to why you believe black people should follow the ideology of a person who accepted white supremacy, and encouraged others to do so. But IMO, I don't think you're versed on the subject well enough.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's Maise and Blue and Big 10 in this house. But I do admire Alabama's program.

Auburn took one to the chin Saturday. Good thing, from my point of view. That game put me over the top in top 20 picks with my son.

Alabama is where the trashy kids go. Auburn is where the belles and beautants attend.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Meyer owns you
    I bet some kids just graduated who have never witnessed a loss to that school up there as an undergrad ;)

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    If I thought you actually understood what you were saying, and hadn't discovered what the Atlanta Compromise was 5 minutes ago, it would make for an interesting conversation, as to why you believe black people should follow the ideology of a person who accepted white supremacy, and encouraged others to do so. But IMO, I don't think you're versed on the subject well enough.
    Do not put words in my mouth.I know about Brownsville,Red summer,Elaine,Jesse Washington...you are right.This is not the place to talk about it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do not put words in my mouth.I know about Brownsville,Red summer,Elaine,Jesse Washington...you are right.This is not the place to talk about it.

Then I will ask you plainly. Would you wait for liberty and equality to be given to you as Booker T. Washington suggested? For those that don't know, Booker T. Washington suggested that Black people remain subservient to White people, as long as they did not seek justice challenge White political rule, nor ask for integration. This was suggested in 1895, and was agreed upon. And then a year later, the USSC ruled via Plessy V Ferguson, which legalized "separate but equal." Washington, of course, said nothing.
    Conversely, WEB Dubois, opposed the "let them give us equality," ideology. And between the two, Dubois represents the more American ideal than Washington.... after all, Americans don't wait for equality, rights, and freedom; we actively seek it.

The link you posted, and the quote within, is an attack on Dubois. While if applied modern day, it rings true, but when viewed from the context of the times, and who it was aimed it (DuBois), it infers that Black people who are oppressed, denied rights, lynched with impunity, and dare to complain about it are “... another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public...." You can't provide for me an example where people who participated in such lamentations, during that time, were unfounded. We all know the state of Black people late 19th, and early 20th century. Booker T. Washington, if anything, was a shameful example of acceptance of oppression... and if you have ever been to Tuskeegee, you'll see how well he lived in comparison to other Black Alabamians of the time. No kid of mine will ever look upon him favorably.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Then I will ask you plainly. Would you wait for liberty and equality to be given to you as Booker T. Washington suggested? For those that don't know, Booker T. Washington suggested that Black people remain subservient to White people, as long as they did not seek justice challenge White political rule, nor ask for integration. This was suggested in 1895, and was agreed upon. And then a year later, the USSC ruled via Plessy V Ferguson, which legalized "separate but equal." Washington, of course, said nothing.
    Conversely, WEB Dubois, opposed the "let them give us equality," ideology. And between the two, Dubois represents the more American ideal than Washington.... after all, Americans don't wait for equality, rights, and freedom; we actively seek it.

The link you posted, and the quote within, is an attack on Dubois. While if applied modern day, it rings true, but when viewed from the context of the times, and who it was aimed it (DuBois), it infers that Black people who are oppressed, denied rights, lynched with impunity, and dare to complain about it are “... another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public...." You can't provide for me an example where people who participated in such lamentations, during that time, were unfounded. We all know the state of Black people late 19th, and early 20th century. Booker T. Washington, if anything, was a shameful example of acceptance of oppression... and if you have ever been to Tuskeegee, you'll see how well he lived in comparison to other Black Alabamians of the time. No kid of mine will ever look upon him favorably.

Not that I want to deviate from sports....

All I'll say about it is that we evolved to understand more about races and equality of individual rights through the adversities of human nature. In the US that took a very long time, but now most people see it. But, unfortunately human nature is still an adversary to the idea of equal natural rights and that comes from more than just whites.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Education is the passport to the future,for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it. Malcolm Little

And to illustrate the difference 60 something years makes:

"God made them negroes and we cannot by education make them white folks" - Allen Chandler, Governor of Georgia

marmion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    If you want to understand what Black Lives Matter really is, just swap white out for black and imagine what the NAACP or the Southern Poverty Law Center would say about it. That's your answer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom