• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Freedom, Indiana
    I need help identifying an old military rifle. The only markings that I can find are a stylized "WF26", a "+" sign in the style of the Red Cross, and the serial numbers (all matching on except bayonet). The Bayonet is Swiss, Waffenfabrik Neuhausen.
    I bought it at the Indy gun show over 20 years ago and never bought ammo for it. It's been in the closet all this time. I'm wanting to shoot it and don't even know the caliber.
    Any help?
    Thanks
    :ar15:

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Freedom, Indiana
    Thanks guys. I'm sure the 1911 is right after followup. Appears it can also fire the Win308. Any idea if there are any upgrades available? I'm searching as we "speak", but if you know of a good source it would be appreciated.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Thanks guys. I'm sure the 1911 is right after followup. Appears it can also fire the Win308. Any idea if there are any upgrades available? I'm searching as we "speak", but if you know of a good source it would be appreciated.

No,it doesn't also fire the 308. 7.5x55 Swiss is the correct ammo. Ballistics are similar to 308 but it is a completely different chambering. Attempting to fire a 308 round in a rifle chambered for 7.5 Swiss will result in a condition of grossly excessive headspace.
    File:7.5 x 55 Swiss.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    File:Cartridge 308.PNG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Not to mention 308 is loaded to quite a bit higher pressure. A few Swiss straight pulls have been rechambered to 308 but are clearly marked as such.

Top Bottom