• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I've got to say I now own 2 1911's and I just love the ergonomics and the way they point. JMB knew how to build firearms.
    Same here, mine stays with me some times 12 to 16 hours a day. Its accuracy far out shines my M9.

Some will say capacity is lacking, but that is not an issue when you train, besides extra mags are always on board.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    About the sigs is it a preference or function issue?
    I would say the only thing I don't like about the Sig Ultra compact 1911 is that the trigger is so easy to shoot compared to a Ruger. Barely any effort is required to pull the trigger. I'm too twitchy to have something so easy to shoot.

In my opinion, with a Ruger, there is no way to accidentally ever shoot yourself or someone else. For someone to pull a Ruger trigger they have to mean to pull the trigger.

With a Sig it's a whole different story. I could see someone accidentally shooting themselves or someone else with a Sig because of the lack of effort that is involved in firing it.

Guns like this are for pros. Not noobs like me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would say the only thing I don't like about the Sig Ultra compact 1911 is that the trigger is so easy to shoot compared to a Ruger. Barely any effort is required to pull the trigger. I'm too twitchy to have something so easy to shoot.

In my opinion, with a Ruger, there is no way to accidentally ever shoot yourself or someone else. For someone to pull a Ruger trigger they have to mean to pull the trigger.

With a Sig it's a whole different story. I could see someone accidentally shooting themselves or someone else with a Sig because of the lack of effort that is involved in firing it.

Then you would love the triggers in my 1911's.....:):

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Is yours a series 70 or 80?

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You could give the gun buyer the option on all, some or none of the ammo. If there is any ammo left, bumpa da thread and away you go.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One of the 1st things I teach anyone at the line.
    I have sen people who spend time with guns have the crappiest trigger discipline.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I went to the Kokomo show over the weekend. I had a sign about the ammo. I had a dealer offer me $35 a box so I took it. He gave me $455 for 650 rounds or 70 cents a round, his idea.

I was quite happy with the deal because I had been thinking if I didn't sell it I would offer it for 55 cents a round. It pays to be patient.

I only saw two Colts like I was looking for and both were way overpriced for my liking.

But I did see a girly looking AR that I liked. My friend let me shoot his and now I definitely want one.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I went to the Kokomo show over the weekend. I had a sign about the ammo. I had a dealer offer me $35 a box so I took it. He gave me $455 for 650 rounds or 70 cents a round, his idea.

I was quite happy with the deal because I had been thinking if I didn't sell it I would offer it for 55 cents a round. It pays to be patient.

I only saw two Colts like I was looking for and both were way overpriced for my liking.

But I did see a girly looking AR that I liked. My friend let me shoot his and now I definitely want one.
    Yes- quite savvy. Looking forward to your girly AR purchase or build. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom