• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Idk where you work but for the entire generation;A lack of job security.staying at the same company for 30 years is never gonna happen anymore.soft skills can leave you homeless in hard times and Even knowing hard skills like a trade is looking less and less secure. Power plants shutting down, housing is now pre fab and even 3D printed. Honestly the future (30 years from now) of the trades doesn’t look good.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I see a lack of a strong male influence in lots of them, and zero understanding of America's place in history. No christian beliefs being passed down, no family centered life modeled for them as they grow up. So many lazy sheep with no moral compass.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Soooooo much truth in this thread but try as we may the young mind is no perceptible to our ways. We worked. Hard And long. Many of us doing multiple jobs daily that kept us involved. The fruits of those intense labors we see now as we were far to easy on our kids. The entitlement mentality was spawned right under our noses. But so many were deep into making a living and failed to see it. I am one of those dads. My son will be forever lost in that insanity but we did get the daughter on track and as much from her partner in parenting as to our efforts.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I wondered the same thing with my stepson. 13 years of trying to do the best I could for him and when we talked in 2020 prior to the election it was to argue because I was a Trump supporter and I was horrified to learn he was a Bernie bro. Even though he "knows" he can't trust MSM, he nonetheless believes alternative media sites that pump out the exact same narrative. He's convinced America is bad and has to be burned down to start over. At the same time, he graduated college with a degree in engineering and has a really good job. I'm extremely hopeful that after a few years he'll start seeing things through the lens of reality, once he's paying taxes and owns his own home, but I'm still fearful he's lost. Unfortunately I believe he's decided to cut me out of his life, so I can no longer help influence him at all... :(

Top Bottom