What is the highest tax you would be willing to pay?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is the highest level of tax you'd pay before fleeing the country?

• Total voters

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Just wait.....that'll change.
    Nah, I'm not that shallow.

On a similar note, its ironic I just found this...

758.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Someone on here once said that I should move to Somalia if I wanted liberty so much. The trouble is that Somalia isn't a constitutional republic. Unfortunately, America isn't either anymore. Hating burdensome taxes, unconstitutional government agencies, and nanny state regulations, does not mean that you want "zero" government or anarchy.

The people that this cartoon aims at are most likely people who still believe in the constitution -- and the cartoonist thinks that they should move to Somalia if they won't accept Big Government intrusion.

Nah, I'm not that shallow.

On a similar note, its ironic I just found this...

758.jpg

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Someone on here once said that I should move to Somalia if I wanted liberty so much. The trouble is that Somalia isn't a constitutional republic. Unfortunately, America isn't either anymore. Hating burdensome taxes, unconstitutional government agencies, and nanny state regulations, does not mean that you want "zero" government or anarchy.

Ah, the good ol' "either/or" fallacy. Second most commonly used fallacious argument on INGO.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I think the America people will bear what they are asked to bear indefinitely. We have a respect for the law too ingrained into our collective cultural psyche. Which is both good and bad.

Some random act of SHTF which might even be unrelated to the big picture is likely to be the match that sets fire to the gunpowder. That being said, I would LOVE an Atlas Shrugged movement of some sort.

With the Crony Capitalism, bailouts, failure to investigate the TBTF banks, the sub-prime housing fiasco, the printing of money by a private institution (the Fed) that controls our currency and is the largest holder of our debt by 30% over the second largest holder of our debt (China), POMO in the stock markets, explosion of the entitlement programs, obfuscation of the derivatives markets, and public apathy towards constant $1.5+ trillion deficits, it's not a matter of if, but when, does America as we know it collapse. Given the above facts, ask yourself if there is Rule of Law right now. There's not. It's a charade and I believe the best one can do right now is to speak out against it, teach your children how to think for themselves and prepare for the inevitable. If we don't start turning things around in the next election, prepare accordingly to rebuild America after the collapse. I don't think we're talking Mad Max, but it will definitely be different! :patriot:

Last edited:

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    If we take away all taxes, income, property, state, federal...ect. and only payed sales tax I would be willing to pay like 25-30% that way everyone (specifically the illegals) would have to pay taxes.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Income tax Fed & State
    FICA
    SOC SEC
    Income tax Co.
    Sales tax
    Road tax
    Fuel Tax
    Sin Tax
    Usage tax
    911 Tax
    Wheel Tax
    Property Tax

I figure I actually only get about 30% of my income any way.

Gotta Keep Working!!! Millions on WELFARE Depend On ME!!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    With the Crony Capitalism, bailouts, failure to investigate the TBTF banks, the sub-prime housing fiasco, the printing of money by a private institution (the Fed) that controls our currency and is the largest holder of our debt by 30% over the second largest holder of our debt (China), POMO in the stock markets, explosion of the entitlement programs, obfuscation of the derivatives markets, and public apathy towards constant $1.5+ trillion deficits, it's not a matter of if, but when, does America as we know it collapse. Given the above facts, ask yourself if there is Rule of Law right now. There's not. It's a charade and I believe the best one can do right now is to speak out against it, teach your children how to think for themselves and prepare for the inevitable. If we don't start turning things around in the next election, prepare accordingly to rebuild America after the collapse. I don't think we're talking Mad Max, but it will definitely be different! :patriot:
    I agree, but the guys orchestrating this already have the reconstruction plan laid out and the military to enforce their new nation/government, the North American Union. The NAU isn't a tinfoil hatter idea that MAY become a reality, it is already done. With NAFTA, the SPP, the Governors Council, etc...our sovereignty has already been eliminated, they are just trying to keep us calm as it is gradually implemented right under our noses. What do you suppose all the secret meetings between the Canadian prime minister, the Mexican President and our President have been about for the last 12 years plus? Why the economic turmoil in the US and Canaduh? The corruption in Mexico has forced it, they can't build the mexican economy up to our standards even with all the manufacturing we've sent there so they have to bring ours down close to their level before they can standardize a currency....Those in Europe laughed as it happened there, they all kept saying it couldn't happen....Now they're laughing at us as we say "it can't happen"....If you think any state or region can hold out against it, guess again. Look at what happened to the nations in Europe that held out, economic and trade sanctions forced them to give in rather quickly. there will eventually, likely in our lifetimes be a South American Union, Asian Union, Middle Eastern Union and African Union along side the EU and NAU all ultimately governed by, you guessed it, the UNITED NATIONS. If you can't see the big picture and the game playing out right under your noses, then God help us all. But what do I know, I'm just a gun nut, nutjob, conspiracy freak.....I've been warning people of this since 1991, most laughed then, a few still laugh but most see it now and even those that see it are to scared to speak out. They worry more about keeping up with all the debt they've purchased. Now I'm outta here because the turn this thread is taking will not make for a pretty discussion and will likely get it closed and me banned.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Charade or not, the prevailing opinion is that it does in fact exist. Perception is reality kind of thing. The average American is about as ignorant as my dog on these kinds of issues. Public awareness of the issues you listed is virtually non-existent. Perhaps by design. We humans make passable ostriches when it suits our purpose.

Regardless, I believe the restraint exhibited by our population is rooted in the belief that rule of law is in force. When that changes, I have no doubt your predictions will come true.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN

The people that this cartoon aims at are most likely people who still believe in the constitution -- and the cartoonist thinks that they should move to Somalia if they won't accept Big Government intrusion.
    I honestly understand (although don't fully agree with) where you're coming from, I was just pointing out the irony. Although I think you wear a tinfoil hat, I don't think you're the typical "angry WASP" either.

I'm full of backhanded compliments eh? =p

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I honestly understand (although don't fully agree with) where you're coming from, I was just pointing out the irony. Although I think you wear a tinfoil hat, I don't think you're the typical "angry WASP" either.

I'm full of backhanded compliments eh? =p

LOL, I take what compliments I can get around these parts. :D

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

I agree, but the guys orchestrating this already have the reconstruction plan laid out and the military to enforce their new nation/government, the North American Union. The NAU isn't a tinfoil hatter idea that MAY become a reality, it is already done. With NAFTA, the SPP, the Governors Council, etc...our sovereignty has already been eliminated, they are just trying to keep us calm as it is gradually implemented right under our noses. What do you suppose all the secret meetings between the Canadian prime minister, the Mexican President and our President have been about for the last 12 years plus? Why the economic turmoil in the US and Canaduh? The corruption in Mexico has forced it, they can't build the mexican economy up to our standards even with all the manufacturing we've sent there so they have to bring ours down close to their level before they can standardize a currency....Those in Europe laughed as it happened there, they all kept saying it couldn't happen....Now they're laughing at us as we say "it can't happen"....If you think any state or region can hold out against it, guess again. Look at what happened to the nations in Europe that held out, economic and trade sanctions forced them to give in rather quickly. there will eventually, likely in our lifetimes be a South American Union, Asian Union, Middle Eastern Union and African Union along side the EU and NAU all ultimately governed by, you guessed it, the UNITED NATIONS. If you can't see the big picture and the game playing out right under your noses, then God help us all. But what do I know, I'm just a gun nut, nutjob, conspiracy freak.....I've been warning people of this since 1991, most laughed then, a few still laugh but most see it now and even those that see it are to scared to speak out. They worry more about keeping up with all the debt they've purchased. Now I'm outta here because the turn this thread is taking will not make for a pretty discussion and will likely get it closed and me banned.

Maybe if there were a "Financial Collapse" PS3 and Xbox game, people would take wake up and take notice.:rolleyes:

It is a downright shame that the general populace [strike]can't[/strike] won't see what has happened. Our Framers saw this as a possibility and attempted to put controls in place via the Constitution to "Ensure the blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our posterity."
    Unfortunately as life got better for everyone, those blessings have been for granted. Apathy and ignorance have taken their place. I fear for our Nation and prepare.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Big Government, by its very nature, is self-destructive and unsustainable. True, Patriotic Americans have a history of rising to the occasion and while we are painfully slow to finally act upon evil, I know that we will prevail in the end! :patriot:

Top Bottom