• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Is this for your beat to hell looking Colt 1991? My Glock 17 has about 300 in it on top of the price of the base gun. I wouldn't give you more than 700 (and that's pushing it) for a Colt 1991 in the shape yours looks to be in. That's not me getting my panties in a wad, that's me having a value on my property, and agreeing or disagreeing with the value you put on yours. Welcome to America, that's how we do.

As has been said, if you don't like the prices people are offering you, go buy a new one or trade your Colt into a LGS. But please, stop crying because you don't like the way the other kids are playing with you. But doing what you're doing is not productive, and could be considered downright rude.

Stereotyping a (very large) group of people for the behavior of a few? And you are exhibiting the same behavior yourself? Sounds like you would be right at home working for Diane Feinstein or Carolyn McCarthy.

He would'n like outcome o' that........:rolleyes:.........if he thinks reg'lar people try'n rape'im......:):......better have BIG , value size jar vas'line.....:):

I've look'd his ad over couple'a times......it ain't 'AT bad (condition).......:dunno:

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    Did you explain the $300 work you had into it? Additions and custom work isn't something you can always count on recouping when you sell.

him owning it? lol

that's what 90% of Glock owners think justifies them asking more than they paid new for it, after they used it as a hammer, shot 739938 rounds through it and left it outside in the rain for 40 days and nights.

My Colt is now in a loving home and instead of taking someones used Glock with a bunch of useless crap, I can now go buy the gun I want, and I have an extra $250.

by the way, I don't think this behavior is exclusive to Glock owners, they just are worse about it than most gun owners, FiveseveN sellers are pretty bad also, jackasses that bought $1200 guns and are asking $2200 after firing hundreds of rounds. people like that ruin this hobby.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I have 6 Glocks, and none of them are for sale, or ever will be. So, based on that where do I fit into this thread? If it's a fight you want with Glock owners, because you don't like them for whatever reason, just say it. Don't dance around some fictitious, made up issue about what you think is, "wrong with them". Just because you seem to be under the impression a few of them want a few more bucks for their guns than you're willing to pay. Talk about reaching. Hell, you could title your thread, "What's Wrong With Blacks?" You'll get a better fight. :rolleyes:

XDS45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2014
    Indiana
    Because everyone is different. I like my Glocks, but I also like my M&P and my Walther, plus the FNX-40 I tried out and a couple of 1911's I've shot. Some people like Glock, some like S&W and some like multiple weapons regardless of who makes them. I fall into the latter category. To each their own.

I dunno, I automatically take $30 - $50 off any used gun when I look at pricing. If someone priced a used gun for $20 off retail, I'll just buy it new thanks. The only reason I want a used gun is to get a better price. $450 is in line with used Glocks and I've bought several from this forum for that price. If someone is asking more, they better have extra mags or other things that raise the price, otherwise I'll pass. I've seen plenty of other weapons posted for ridiculous prices, not just Glocks. Plenty of times I've seen SA Range Officers posted for $750 plus, when I can get it for that price at most LGS's and about the same with FFL fee from online sources. It's not just Glock's that people price too high, but as someone said, they post it for what they think it's worth and either someone will agree, or the thread will hang around until they drop the price to the point where someone is willing to buy it. NBD.

I know it's a preference thing,but some people take it to far and say Glock is the best gun out there. I can think of several I'd rather buy then a Glock. I guess it's a bandwagon thing..J/K

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Simple really if you are in the market for a Glock stay away from the used market and go new.
    AND if you still think the price is too high join GSSF and after a year you can get a great deal on a NEW blue label glock.
    As an earlier poster stated, no better way to get people's shorts in a bind than toss generalities around and to try to put Glock owners (or any other group) in the same bag.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    him owning it? lol

that's what 90% of Glock owners think justifies them asking more than they paid new for it, after they used it as a hammer, shot 739938 rounds through it and left it outside in the rain for 40 days and nights.

My Colt is now in a loving home and instead of taking someones used Glock with a bunch of useless crap, I can now go buy the gun I want, and I have an extra $250.

by the way, I don't think this behavior is exclusive to Glock owners, they just are worse about it than most gun owners, FiveseveN sellers are pretty bad also, jackasses that bought $1200 guns and are asking $2200 after firing hundreds of rounds. people like that ruin this hobby.

I see where the OP is going with this. It is something I have dealt with in every hobby/passion I have ever been involved with. Muscle cars and Harleys went through this very same thing and it ruined the market save for the carpet baggers and flippers. Non-participants seeing an opportunity and jumping in for profit. No different with what we have seen for a little over a year now just set off by a different catalyst.
    In the truth of this I see Glocks been pushed off at ridiculous prices. AR's as well. The classifieds are full of $400 used uppers with no BCG's or charging handles. Shops are restocked and prices are coming down but I doubt we will see 2013 pricing again.
    Just stop feeding the monster and it will go away.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Glock are extremely common Ive never been to a gun shop anywhere in Indiana,Kentucky or Ohio that didnt have at least a few glocks. No offense intended but it seems like the newbie gun owners get a glock due to the massive marketing campaign glock has and then think they have a super special awesome ninja gun when in reality its a common gun that most everyone who wants a glock already has one. I will say glocks are one of the easiest guns to sell quick If you need to which is a good thing for thsoe needing the quick cash. Love my glocks but they are just a nice and reliable gun not a collectors item.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I see where the OP is going with this. It is something I have dealt with in every hobby/passion I have ever been involved with. Muscle cars and Harleys went through this very same thing and it ruined the market save for the carpet baggers and flippers. Non-participants seeing an opportunity and jumping in for profit. No different with what we have seen for a little over a year now just set off by a different catalyst.
    In the truth of this I see Glocks been pushed off at ridiculous prices. AR's as well. The classifieds are full of $400 used uppers with no BCG's or charging handles. Shops are restocked and prices are coming down but I doubt we will see 2013 pricing again.
    Just stop feeding the monster and it will go away.
    What the OP is *****ing about is capitalism. It's the same stupid complaint people have with the .22 flippers. "They are ruining the market for the rest of us." No, my friend, they are part of the market.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What the OP is *****ing about is capitalism. It's the same stupid complaint people have with the .22 flippers. "They are ruining the market for the rest of us." No, my friend, they are part of the market.

Well, yeah, of course they are. But as I posted it is just a bit irritating when non-participants get involved, inflate the existing market to rape and pillage. Of course it is the way of things. Just gets a bit frustrating at times.
    I have more than enough .22LR and all of the rest of the calibers we shoot but I have always kept a good supply on hand.
    I have yet to see a thread *****ing about the fluctuating fuel prices. 45 cents over night.....really. Now that is something to ***** about....seriously.

XDS45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2014
    Indiana
    Well, yeah, of course they are. But as I posted it is just a bit irritating when non-participants get involved, inflate the existing market to rape and pillage. Of course it is the way of things. Just gets a bit frustrating at times.
    I have more than enough .22LR and all of the rest of the calibers we shoot but I have always kept a good supply on hand.
    I have yet to see a thread *****ing about the fluctuating fuel prices. 45 cents over night.....really. Now that is something to ***** about....seriously.
    I want to get a 22 but don't want to pay the price that the scammers are asking. +1 on gas prices. It was $2.69 a gallon a few days ago and it jumped to $2.89 the next morning.The news here done a story on why the price of gas here is cheaper then in IL,which I live close to,so I guess that was their cue to rape us on gas prices.

Top Bottom