• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think some of you forget barrel length is everything for some of these bigger rounds.

A 50bmg from a handgun... Well, can't say I've ever seen it fired, but I doubt much more than the primer has time to burn off before the bullet has left the barrel. Like a lot of these things.

I remember the AR pistol I had awhile back, it was less impressive on target than my five seven. Imagine that.

If we're debating commonly available firepower available in a concealable package, there's not much debate to be had, the five seven takes the cake.

You can run massive extended magazines, or rifles without stocks, or some obscene mess of a gun, but at those points it's not much of a handgun.

The 500S&W while powerful, you only have 5 rounds, where as you could get a ruger SRH in 454 and have 6. What can a 500 down that a 454 can't?

The glock 20 is a cool gun no doubt, but it isn't the be-all-end-all unless you're going with some fairly hard-to-get hot handloads.

If you want a powerful semi-auto handgun that's a lot of fun, I'd just suggest a desert eagle in 44 magnum. Ammo is easy enough to come by and it's not far enough behind the 50AE to matter.

The 460 rowland conversion 1911s are also a very very powerful package. Mine has less recoil with nuclear loads than it does with a normal 45acp barrel and target SWCs. It's also obscenely accurate. Last time I shot it, my handloads cleared 5 indianapolis phone books straight through.
    It's purdy too:
    ks1JkYk.jpg

Top Bottom