• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Could be for accuracy, speed, combat, a combination, whatever.

Post your favorite drill.

For trigger control, I like shooting 5 rounds into 1" dots at 10 feet.

For fighting through conflict, I like one where the shooter has to fire from a position of retention through one mag, then reload and shoot the second mag. While he's doing this, an instructor is on each side of him hitting him, punching, kicking, choking him, covering his eyes, trying to move the mag out of the well during the reload.

Because it's so challenging to do fast, I like support hand only manipulations: Draw, fire, clear double feed, etc.

What about you guys?

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    A nice fun drill is where I put cards with pictures of a bunch of stuff. The kind of things little kids play with. I put them in a role and have a buddy call out specific things like say "things that are green" or "things with wheels" and quickly aim and take a shot.

Also like to do color cards and call out Simon says and see how accurate I can hit the cards in a row.

Practical drills, do malfunctions, first with both hands and then one hand to keep myself sharp.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    dewalt_gun_drill_1.jpg

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    A nice fun drill is where I put cards with pictures of a bunch of stuff. The kind of things little kids play with. I put them in a role and have a buddy call out specific things like say "things that are green" or "things with wheels" and quickly aim and take a shot.

Also like to do color cards and call out Simon says and see how accurate I can hit the cards in a row.

Practical drills, do malfunctions, first with both hands and then one hand to keep myself sharp.

I like those as well. First saw a variation of that with Travis Haley.

I like any drills that make you think because that helps break tunnel vision.

Excalibur--set up 5 or 6 cones or chairs in a line in front of your target, then do your same drill, walking forward and backwards, weaving in and out of the cones. It will split your concentration up so you focus on your surroundings WHILE you shoot. Makes you a smarter, more aware shooter.
    :twocents:

Top Bottom