• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Most people say one of the benefits of the AR platform is the ability to swap uppers, but lots of folks seem to be stocking up on the lower receivers. Do you plan to buy several uppers for each down the road, or just keep them in reserve.

Mine is 1:1, but I hope to be at 2:1 or 2.5:1 some day (two lowers with four or six uppers).

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Uppers to lowers . . . was almost 2 to 1 before the tragic boating accident . . . but then there was the election and a second tragic boating accident caused the ratio to change to 1 to 2 with rumors that some additional uppers may be sinking to the bottom of the lake soon bringing the ratio to about 1 to 1. However, I suspect it will go back to something where more uppers exist than lowers eventually.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    1:1

I've found that "modular" guns are a good idea in theory, but my "extra" uppers always seem to grow new lowers underneath 'em eventually... :):

:laugh:
    I seem to have the same problem. It really doesn't matter whether I plant the upper or the lower in the safe, they always seem to sprout the other piece. At least that's what I tell my wife.

Tinman....

Top Bottom