• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    My family and I have been trading at an Indy area gunshop since old Bob opened it a long time ago...My brother stopped by since it was convenient ,after leaving Stout Field today,and went into the secondary shop where holsters and ammo are sold. While looking at a holster and wondering whether it would fit a certain weapon ,the clerk (and,yes that is all you are Sir) said to bring it in and try it out.My brother replied that he was carrying the weapon and would not unholster a loaded weapon to test a holster.At this point little Hitler DEMANDED that he leave and come back when he was unarmed...What kind of fool are you? Do you really believe that no one is going to carry deep concealed in your place of business? We do most of our shopping in Plainfield anyway. We may have too many wannabe LEOs working at gun shops!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    My family and I have been trading at an Indy area gunshop since old Bob opened it a long time ago...My brother stopped by since it was convenient ,after leaving Stout Field today,and went into the secondary shop where holsters and ammo are sold. While looking at a holster and wondering whether it would fit a certain weapon ,the clerk (and,yes that is all you are Sir) said to bring it in and try it out.My brother replied that he was carrying the weapon and would not unholster a loaded weapon to test a holster.At this point little Hitler DEMANDED that he leave and come back when he was unarmed...What kind of fool are you? Do you really believe that no one is going to carry deep concealed in your place of business? We do most of our shopping in Plainfield anyway. We may have too many wannabe LEOs working at gun shops!

Do they got some new people working there lately or something? There's been a lot of negative reports coming out of Plainfield lately. Who is this guy so we can avoid them?

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I happen to think you're talking about Bradis, and if you read the signs out from it says no loaded guns... if your brother would've kept his mouth closed he wouldn't have been told to go put it in the car.
    And I guess if you don't like the rules that means more of the good deals for me! :p

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Do they got some new people working there lately or something? There's been a lot of negative reports coming out of Plainfield lately. Who is this guy so we can avoid them?

he is bad mouthing another shop, and saying he shopt at plainfield anyway..

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    he is bad mouthing another shop, and saying he shopt at plainfield anyway..

Not bad mouthing another shop,the more good shops the better.Politeness is required in every service industry.Sales of any type are a service industry.Customers go to good service.We all know what the signs out "from"say,and we also know what the law is,and IF you believe that the "good deals"are found in gun shops,then you have been wasting a lot of good money....

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Not bad mouthing another shop,the more good shops the better.Politeness is required in every service industry.Sales of any type are a service industry.Customers go to good service.

I understand customer service, and being nice to those that choose to walk in the door. But if I get a customer that doesn't follow the rules that are posted in BOLD at the front door, i'd probably be the same way. it's for the protection of the employees..

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I think he is referring to Bradis. I carry everywhere I go so if a shop doesn't want me to carry in their business they don't want my business. But I would never take my gun out to try to fit it in a new holster either. :twocents:

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    But...but...eveybody just says those signs are there because of insurance reasons and that the stores really don't care if you carry in them??

I don't know about that, Not my store, Not my rules.. I've visited them several times, and I am never asked bout my gun. always had a group of helpful people in there. :dunno:

KurtassFW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I have actually had discussions with several shop owners and they usually don't care as long as it stays holstered. If for whatever reason a shop doesn't want people to carry, I would think they would give benefit of the doubt to the customer and politely let them know they have a "no carry policy." Of course, I have been in some shops where the staff were extremely rude and condescending to customers.

SIGFAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    IF A PLACE OF BUSINESS HAS A SIGN POSTED SAYING "NO CONCEALED CARRY", THEN WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? THE BUSINESS HAS LEGAL OBLIGATIONS AND INSURANCE GUIDLINES TO CONSIDER.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    It's private property and the rules are CLEARLY stated on the door. If you're too blind to read then you shouldn't have a gun anyway. And if you don't like it, then leave. Plain and simple. Why bash when YOU are the one who broke the rules?!?

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Are you kidding? I think you forgot to turn purple on when you typed this...

No, It doesn't need to be in purple. If you can't understand it from the context clues, I guess there will be little hope for you in your future...

(oh my, there is a series of dots after that comment as well)

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Always carry,never tell is the best policy.I am certain however that all gun store owners know that anyone who carries concealed,(and has since Dolly was in a training bra)probably will not leave a loaded weapon in a vehicle,and certainly will not be "Coonfingering" it in the parking lot.Common sense obviously is not all that common....

Top Bottom