• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    most of them post signs saying no loaded guns...I've been told that its for liability.

A clerk is in a bad spot if he likes his job and has a customer say out loud he is violating a store policy.

I would have said wait a min and walked out, unloaded, and come back in if I wanted to try out the holster or no thanks if I didn't want to without offering an explanation.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    No, they don't, and no, it's not. That's pretty much the gist of the last 50 posts in this thread.

Thanks for the condensed version. After reading thru the first two pages I wanted to see if the book ended the same way it started. It appears after NINE pages it's still oc vs cc, or was it glock vs 1911 or mosin vs ?:dunno::laugh:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks for the condensed version. After reading thru the first two pages I wanted to see if the book ended the same way it started. It appears after NINE pages it's still oc vs cc, or was it glock vs 1911 or mosin vs ?:dunno::laugh:

Yeah, it's not the first time this has come up, and it'll end the same way as usual: The LGS's will shrug their shoulders and continue on as usual.

Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    Not trying to hijack the thread but...

They're on their side, obviously. And I would be too if I had to worry about idiot douchebags coonfingering a loaded firearm with patrons within striking range.

What is coonfingering? I have seen this term used several times in this thread, but have never heard it before. What does it mean regarding guns and concealed carry?

Please note, this is not in purple.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    This seems to be particular to the Indianapolis area. IIRC, Midwest, Granger, ZX, 21st Century, and the various stores in Lafayette don't have signs. The two busiest stores in Indy (Bradis & PSS) have signs, and I think BGF does also. (I stand corrected that ITP does not.) Something to do with Marion county, perhaps?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    What is coonfingering? I have seen this term used several times in this thread, but have never heard it before. What does it mean regarding guns and concealed carry?

Please note, this is not in purple.

Coonfingering is a term for putting your fingers on the trigger while not observing safety rules... ie: guy is showing his buddy a gun he bought and is holding it with his finger on the trigger while not pointed in a safe direction.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I believe that Kirk Freeman used that term the first time I ever seen it used.(I adopted it immediately) A raccoon for some reason,when it picks up an interesting small object,holds it,turns it over,fools around with it.If a coon is near water it will dunk it.They are curious little animals. Lets admit it,If we purchase a new handgun,most of us probably spend a lot of time with it in our hands...

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    First, what a fun thread :)

Second, if you don't like it then don't shop there. I don't shop there because of their rules.
    I agree. It just seems to me that it would be hard to stay in business if you are telling the majority of your prospective customers that you should shop somewhere else.:dunno: I know I would not disarm myself to shop there.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    People don't read signs. People don't follow the four rules. People can shop where they choose too.

I fail to see the reason for butthurt when you tell a proprietor you are in violation of their policies and they forcibly ask you to comply.

Was Willie Wonka wrong when he yelled at Charlie at the end? It was the final test and won him a chocolate factory. OP, did you consider maybe you just missed out on owning a gunshop?
    The logic in your last paragraph is impeccable sir. :laugh:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    What is coonfingering?

JG Not Coonfingering;

CopyofKimbergrip001.jpg

Random Coonfingering;

images

images

7017072-beautiful-sexy-girl-holding-gun--smoke-background.jpg

Summer_Glau_Pistol.jpg

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    IF A PLACE OF BUSINESS HAS A SIGN POSTED SAYING "NO CONCEALED CARRY", THEN WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? THE BUSINESS HAS LEGAL OBLIGATIONS AND INSURANCE GUIDLINES TO CONSIDER.

Calm down, no need to scream.

Seems like a minor request that patrons carry openly instead of concealing, I expect I would be OK with tucking in my shirt or taking off my jacket in this case.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Meh.
    If you're traveling a little north, come visit us. We don't have that sign, and would appreciate the back up if things went hinky or bad.
    Now on the other hand, if you needlessly draw your loaded carry and start fiddling around with it, you will incur MonkeyWrath that hell's fury cannot match.
    :)

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    All the lgs I've been to have the not carry signs. I conceal carry and go in anyway, not to disrespect them, but for me. I want the best price for what I buy with good service. It's my family I take care of and I'm not PC from either side. I do what works for me seeing I have broken no law, I'm good.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    ITP says keep it holstered. BGF doesn't have a sign, and if they do, they need to consider making it more conspicuous because I've never seen it.

Poop's says no loaded guns, as well does Bradis. It's been so long since I went to Don's that I can't remember. Never been anywhere else.

I agree that the rule seems a bit hypocritical, but they have their reasons. If you don't like it, don't shop there. Many have said they just ignore the rule and keep covered. Probably the same people who complain that they don't get good service at the LGS.

IMHO, it's pretty simple. LGS or gunshow are about the only 2 places in the world where you'd draw your weapon for anything other than to fire. Because of the simple fact that there are lots of irresponsible people out there, this rule is put into place. They want that extra layer of awareness. Being arrogant and claiming this rule is stupid just shows your level of responsibility and commitment to gun safety. If you are so arrogant that you ignore this rule, what other rules do you also ignore? The rule of muzzle discipline perhaps? Like it or not is up to you. Respecting that rule shouldn't even be open for debate on a forum for "law-abiding gun enthusiasts".

Top Bottom