• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Man, two dedicated home defense rifles..... Westfield must be going downhill!
    Two IS one, ONE is none! Kind of an old tired axiom, but it still fits?

ETA: I probably have more G19's than most posters here have guns, same with AR's, and to a lesser extent, AK's. Nothing wrong with multiples, only positives. I live in a great Westside neighborhood, but all my eggs aren't in one basket!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My AR has a Streamlight TLR-1 and my shotgun wears a Streamlight Polytac. IMO Streamlight is a best value in weaponlights.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So... there's a bubba solution to this problem: "tactical" flashlights in my experience have either ~30mm or ~1 in. tubes. Which means they fit neatly into scope rings. You can get a few hundred lumens output for ~$20 in a tough light. A couple I've had even work with a tail switch I have (even though I don't use it).

I haven't had a light mounted like this fail yet, although I admit I don't shoot as much as many on here. I suspect I shoot more than some, though. ;) But, at ~$20 per, I could go through a bunch of them (including lumen upgrades) before I hit the same price point.

Now, my HD Glock 23 has a Surefire X300 (I think that's the model) and my HD shotgun has a dedicated light (not sure what brand). My HD AR, and another AR, have the flashlight thing. Like I said, neither has failed in shooting hundreds of rounds and hunting in the field.

Just offering an option.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Was a surefire M300 now its M600 on a BCM keymod mount with SR07 tape switch.

Id look at either a TLR-1 or a stream light rail mount for your budget. But if you ever get the chance to upgrade, the cost of the surefire is worth it.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Several years ago I bought one from the Chinese lady at the gun show. You know her, she's at every show and hustles her butt off. She'll probably even offer you a "special deal, just for you."

No name brand, no frills, just a $70 light that included rail mount and tail cap. It's held up really well over the years and I've put it up against my name brand lights. If you're looking for a cheap option, that's the way to go.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    [video=youtube;dO87HtuZ8hY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO87HtuZ8hY[/video]

Start at the 2:45 mark, it is a single cell CR123 polymer framed Surefire with 400 lumens. MSRP is $150 so you should be able to score one for $120 or so when they come out. This is a very promising affordable option for allot of people as I personally would take a Surefire over anything else.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I have a version of the Inforce WML (weapon mounted light). Primary Arms has one for about $100 Inforce WML Weapon Mounted Light - 200 Lumens LED - FDE at 200 lumens -- I got one of the higher lumen ones which run around $165 or so. if your HD rifle is really going to be used in the H, that is inside of a building, then 200 lumens is not a bad choice -- it illuminates without blinding you with reflections off of light colored walls, mirrors etc.

I really like the activation button and the guard that flips over it when you really don't want the light to come on.

+1!!! Great light...as tough as they come in this price range and its controls make it perfect for a variation of set-ups. (And perfect for my set-up!)

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    For my AR pistol I use the elzetta light mount $26 that attaches to the A2 front sight along with a Surefire G2X LE 400 lumens $55.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    For my AR pistol I use the elzetta light mount $26 that attaches to the A2 front sight along with a Surefire G2X LE 400 lumens $55.

Thats actually pretty ingenious how they use the front sligh swivel as an oversized activation button. Any issues with the polymer melting under long strings of fire? I would assume no more than the hand guards but seems to be a mounted to a high temp area.

Might have to look into one of those mounts for a M4 clone build. But I'm a while off from that anyways. Too many projects.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thats actually pretty ingenious how they use the front sligh swivel as an oversized activation button. Any issues with the polymer melting under long strings of fire? I would assume no more than the hand guards but seems to be a mounted to a high temp area.

Might have to look into one of those mounts for a M4 clone build. But I'm a while off from that anyways. Too many projects.

I can't comment on the AR but I have an Elzetta mount on my 870. I am happy with the construction.

Top Bottom