• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Because, in the end, I am RESPONSIBLE, for MY safety..... I AM going home, at the end of the day !!!!!

This^^^^^^^^. It is MY duty and responsibility to protect and provide for my family. That lady's and gents is a task I will not fail so long as I have breath!

st33da

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Greenfield
    I carry because I refuse to be just another defenseless victim. If I ever become a victim you better believe I made the perp work for it!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Can't carry a cop with me everywhere I go, and don't rate a personal protection detail like the president, so it is up to me to assure safe passage thru life.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    it's a chance for surviving a life threatening situation. It is better then no chance at all. Seems like a no brainer

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I am a firm believer in the idea that the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. I carry to add to the ranks of the good guy side. I also believe in duty and responsibility and I am the one that has the responsibility to keep my family safe. There are a million reasons to carry the tools of protection and to learn their use well. There are few, if any, reasons for going forth in the world without the means to protect the ones you care about.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    When I turned 18, my uncle who is a retired police officer gave me my Grandpa's old 1911. He told me to carry a firearm because the police aren't always to get to you fast enough. I don't carry that 1911 because I don't want anything to ever happen to it, but I carry my .45's everyday.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Exercise. I burn approximately 9 more calories a day by carrying the extra weight of a loaded pistol. 10 if I take the stairs.

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    What's that old saying..."It's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6..." There are a lot of scumbags out there with nothing to lose.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    ALL above are valid reasons, and I applaud them.

Carrying (on or off duty, before and after the career) for 40 years, I've also cited all those reasons, and others, at one time or another.

But as the (now) cliche goes: I don't carry for the reasons I CAN think of.

I carry for the reasons I can't.

Top Bottom