• What matters most to you in a pistol?

• Total voters

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    function no matter what, i tend to like firearms that very tough and function well in adverse conditions glocks are ok the gen 4 at least, springfields xds, m&ps and i like military issued stuff like the 1911 and my personal favorite the browning hi power. and revolvers are awesome cause they just are i can shoot them better then any other hand gun so i like them.

HistoryGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    Churubusco
    I would have put caliber on the list as well.
    I would've put that in with "feel" and "function". A .380 will have a different feel and function than say a 38 special. It is just what do you feel comfortable shooting. I've shot a .45 (1911), a 38 special (Taurus ultra light and S&W air light), a 9mm (Glock 19, Walther P38, S&W M&P), and a .380 (Walther PPK/S, Ruger LCP). They all felt ok, but my preference is a 9mm or .380 because of less recoil and other factors. Is the .45 and 38 special a better round for self defense? Yes. But when it comes to feel and function, I like the smaller 9's and .380's.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Function and feel are what is important to me. I like a good looking pistol, but I also carry Glocks a lot of the time, so looks don't matter in the end. If it functions as it should and if it feels right in my hand, letting me use it effectively, I'm happy with it. If it's also a 1911, then that makes it even better.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Obviously function and accuracy have to vie for tops of the list. I would put feel at a very very close third though. If you ever are put into a position where you have to hit exactly and only what you get very little time to aim at, then having a gun that feels right and just naturally points where you want it to could make all the difference. Otherwise, especially if you carry a gun that you dread shooting, I'd think your odds of flinching or hesitating would be unacceptably high.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Function, feel. All is important, but I'm willing to take a hit on looks, or accessories if the gun functions well.

Top Bottom