• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lilop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    .....thinking about what I should get next....I've got all the basics covered (ccw, home defense, and I don't hunt....yet), so this one is gonna be a "just because" gun....my only 2 requirements are that it must be pleasant to look at, and it must be in a man stopping caliber...I would greatly appreciate any suggestions that my fellow INGO members might offer, and pics would be welcome.....thanks.....lilop

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If it's a "fun gun" then as long as it's not illegal your only limitations would be the size of your bank account.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I've personally always wanted a Barrett .50 cal "just because". If you get one, "just because", and then you give it to me "just because", then we both win!

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    And now for something just a little bit different.

Here is something not many others will have at the range. It is (I think) nice to look at, and the cartridge has a reputation for being a stopper.

Here are a couple of photos.
    Thompson-01.jpg

Thompson-02.jpg

This is a Thompson 1927a1 with detachable stock, and a 30 round stick and a 50 round drum mag.

Vernon

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I think a 44 MAG would cover all your bases

That was my first thought as well ...then I read the rest of the responses, and everyone had good ideas. So, get one of each! :D

I don't have any sort of wheel gun yet, so I've got the 44 on my list ...or a 357, or a ...

Though, before another pistol, I'm most definitely lacking a shotgun, which is next on my list.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Being in "handguns".... I personally want a 1911 or a suppressed .300 blackout AR pistol...

After I shot a 1911... it was obvious to me that everyone should have one and the AR Pistol....just because I "can."

bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    I guess it depends on what you have already. I love my 1911 so if you don't have 1, I would say its a must.

I also have an AR pistol and its definitely a "fun gun."

I don't have a wheel gun yet either so a 6" .357 GP100 is on the list now.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    well, if you "might" hunt in the future..i would suggest a pretty bolt action rifle..if you want to use it to hunt in indiana tho ul have to check on appropriate calibers..but if u just want it for fun , and maybe to take it out west to hunt with then i think something like a 7.mm magnum would be sweet....but to sum it up, i think i nice looking bolt action with a scope would be cool

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    As soon as you said manstopper, I too, went straight to the .44 Remington Magnum! I have a smith 29, (Definitely nice to look at), and I have a Ruger super redhawk in .44 mag. Until recently, I'd have suggested a model 29, but then I searched them on gunbroker.com, (For poops and giggles), and realized that they are going for more than I payed for my super redhawk AND it's scope! So I say, Ruger Super redhawk in .44 mag! (Or .454 casul, incase you REALLY need a manstopper!)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Pleasant to look at, and a man-stopper caliber? 7.62x54R The Mosin Nagant.

You'll have a hard time trying to find a more fun gun for the same price, and ammo is relatively cheap!

www.7.62x54R.net

O.K. handgun? The Nagant revolver can be silenced! 7.62x38R

Top Bottom