• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Well the time is here and I've got the Glock 23 Gen4 NiBX that I've been patiently waiting for.

Now my question is: Which set of night sights should I get / consider? First and foremost my Primary purpose: Dailycarry

In my personal experience, I liked the Meprolight Tru-Dot 3-Dot fixed Green/Green tritium night sights I had on my Glock 19 Gen3. As well, I like the SigLite Night Sights from both my 9mm SP2022, and 1911 C3 Crimson Trace (these are Novak's, and I kind of like them!) -- I'm unsure of the actual MFR on these sights but I've read it to be Trijicon on multiple internet sources.

What I'm currently entertaining though, with reasons given:
    Tru-Glo TFO Fiber Optic Night Sights yellow rear/green front - Day/Night both these things seem to get amazing review. Cost $89

Ameriglo iDot Night Sights - Simple, potentially quick acquisition "dot the i" type sight picture. Cost $65~

A dilemma I'm faced with is the fact that I do like to target shoot as well, but only for primary purpose of trigger control / not hitting something I don't intend to hit :rolleyes:. Although the iDot's have the right price, is the iDot really something compatible with my needs? I do think the quick sight picture would be benificial as far as draw to shoot time for center mass on a BG. Then again, pending community input, wouldn't the contrast of yellow rear / green front tritium filled fiber optic sights have close to the same benefit?

sicegcivic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    I really like these trijicon sights on my G30... bright front sight for fast and accurate "combat/CQB" (front sight only) shooting, and single rear dot for quick line up at distance. They both glow bright at night as well!
    IMAG0137.jpg

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I use ameriglo on mine that dont come with night sights. Cant beat them for the money and are very similar to the others.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I'm waiting on a set of big dots from XS Sights to be delivered. Great sights for a carry weapon.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Once I tried TFOs on my 23, nothing else was close. Where I really appreciate the difference is in dim lighting where the tritium seems to wash out on my other sights but the TFOs still stand out nicely. I am now trying to upgrade my other pistols w/ TFOs, but it is a slow process.

Top Bottom