• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Not sure how "rare" it was, but I had the opportunity to shoot a single shot 50BMG rifle the other day. Said it wasn't a Barrett, but I don't recall what it was.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, German Luger 9mm, all my Uncle's from WW2. Mac-10 45acp, H&K MP5, M16 w/ select switch. (Sheriff Dept Armourer)
    Lots of similar, always wanted to try the 1927 Thompson SMG!

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I got to shoot a BAR once. Semi-auto only. Very cool!

That thing is a beastly monster. It must have been made for big-ole farm boys to carry. The grip is huge and the distance to the trigger was quite a stretch for me, and I can palm a basketball.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Unfortunately, nothing super duper rare for me - that I know of.

I have shot a COP before. Those certainly don't come up every day, but they're certainly not "rare".

I also own & shoot a 5" S&W 686+ w/ half lug. That's also not "rare", but certainly not a combination of things you see every day.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Rare for mere civilians, I shot an MP5 that emerged from the trunk of a LEO after a class. A couple shots semi, and the remaining mag dumped. Wish I could do it with some regularity.:spend:
    MP5 still.jpg

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    In Mississippi once I shot a 25 or 30 round mag full out of a fa glock 17. Only glock I have ever shot. Same day I shot an MP5 in 40s&w.
    But the one that stands out is the 50-70 pistol. It was about 25 years ago. Some guys from around Indy or zionsville or someplace like that used to come down here hunting. Iirc, the owners name was Oren Minster. It was a custom made 50-70 revolver that weighed 6 1/2lbs. It was a monster. Wish I had a pic of it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Very interesting stuff. Although not all of these might be considered rare by some, they're certainly uncommon in the everyday lives of gun owners. I've had to burn up Google, looking up some of these.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Very interesting stuff. Although not all of these might be considered rare by some, they're certainly uncommon in the everyday lives of gun owners. I've had to burn up Google, looking up some of these.

I've done that a time or two in this thread as well. Cool stuff.

I've shot a suppressed MP5 before. That made my jibbly bits all tingly and what-not. On my "lottery money" want list, for sure.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't know how rare, but I had the chance to shoot a 1st Gen. Colt SAA in 32-20 several years ago. It was owned by my old car dealership boss.

Other than that I've only shot pretty common guns. This includes, of course, the guns our uncle had me become passably proficient in like the M16A1 and A2, M60, M203, etc....but those aren't at all rare.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ok, I have it at my home office now. It is a one liner.

49th post war K-22 made.:D

Someday post a pic...Please....I like my one liner...It came out of Eastern Kentucky and one of the grips had a little section carved out (well done) for some sort of inlay...Like a rainbow shape....It looks like it may have had a name plate on the grip or was maybe presented to someone...Mine has the pre-war hammer and is sweet in double action....

I picked up a Miroku copy of a Sharps Derringer that was a victim of the Gun Control Act of 1968...They began importing them in 1968 and maybe 800 got here and then they were banned from import by not meeting the requirements of what constituted a "Sporting Arm"....Uberti was making one as well and they too got banned...CAS shooters love them...Here is a pic I found on the internet...

The wife and I shot it and it is not very accurate...."Card Table" range as they say....:)

picture%20670.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Century Model 100 with an octagonal barrel, made in Greenfield IN. LEJ Custom 100 made for SuperVel of Shelbyville IN for a left handed shooter. Only ones I've ever seen.:)

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Century Model 100 with an octagonal barrel, made in Greenfield IN. LEJ Custom 100 made for SuperVel of Shelbyville IN for a left handed shooter. Only ones I've ever seen.:)

What caliber is your Century Model 100? My friend has one in 45/70, but I've heard they were also made in 50/70 and .375 Winchester.

Top Bottom