• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Interesting that that one is marked Cal. 45 as both of mine are marked 11.25mm.

I just saw that you said it was British Contract...that would probably be why. It adds to the cool factor because those were made to be used by MI6 and commando's behind the lines. They were the most rare only making about 10k of them. Mine are both marked Policia Federal.

Nice addition to your collection. :rockwoot:

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    a 1911 inspired variant.
    And there ya have it. 1911 inspired. :yesway:

People that have non-1911 guns (and I'm not just talking about the OP...this is a very sweeping and general "people") might have a gun that looks similar, functions similarly, takes down almost the same, shoots great... but is *not* a 1911.
    Don't tell me your Para LDA is one, don't tell me your Sig P938 is one, don't tell me your Solo is one, not even your 1905... Because they aren't. If saying you have a 1911 is important to you...buy a frackin' 1911. Don't hold up a completely different model and say "It is one, except for the blah blah blah".... No, it's not. If you want to get right down to it, even today's 1911s are Clones... that's right. I said it. You heard what you heard.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    And there ya have it. 1911 inspired. :yesway:

People that have non-1911 guns (and I'm not just talking about the OP...this is a very sweeping and general "people") might have a gun that looks similar, functions similarly, takes down almost the same, shoots great... but is *not* a 1911.
    Don't tell me your Para LDA is one, don't tell me your Sig P938 is one, don't tell me your Solo is one, not even your 1905... Because they aren't. If saying you have a 1911 is important to you...buy a frackin' 1911. Don't hold up a completely different model and say "It is one, except for the blah blah blah".... No, it's not. If you want to get right down to it, even today's 1911s are Clones... that's right. I said it. You heard what you heard.

This is one of the reasons that I have always been jonesing for a USGI original WWI 1911 or WWII 1911a1. To have a real 1911 that has true history to it would be awesome!!! It is at the very top of my must buy list, unfortunately its not back in the day when they could be had for a few bucks :(

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I say close but nope. The real question is it the 1911's love child or just the product of a drunken night in Argentina? But none of that matters if you like it and it runs for you!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd say no. If it were a Systema, then yes but the Ballistar Molina's are about as much 1911 as the Sig P238. I'm not knocking it by any means. It's a great gun and does have 1911 DNA in there, but the trigger is hinged as well as other things that make the lower a non-1911. The slide is pretty 1911 though. Nice gun. Just not a 1911 in my eyes but it makes a great addition to any collection of 1911s just because it rounds out the follow on designs somewhat.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Not a true 1911, but you should enjoy it for what it is. Use some good magazines and it ought to be a fun plinker. Indiucky has a pretty nice collection of these pistols.

Top Bottom