• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    I purchased a new DPMS Oraclel in .308 I have installed SUREFIRE - AR-15/M16 M73 PICATINNY RAIL FOREND now I want to put on some glass. Can I get decent glass this for around $150-$200 not counting rings? I am looking to shoot distance of 100 to 150 yards. I would also like to put sights on the side of the rails if that is possible? If so what would I look for?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Sights on the side of the rails? I can't start to imagine what you are trying to do.

Yes, for less than $200 you can find any number of scopes with rings in the plastic packages at all the retailers in 4X or so. For pistol distances of 100 yards anything you put on it will work just fine.

Happy shooting.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Sights on the side of the rails? I can't start to imagine what you are trying to do.

Yes, for less than $200 you can find any number of scopes with rings in the plastic packages at all the retailers in 4X or so. For pistol distances of 100 yards anything you put on it will work just fine.

Happy shooting.
    I think the OP is thinking about 45deg. offset backup iron sights.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    How in the world, do you possibly deduce that?

If so, what should he buy? I really don't have any idea..

GG&G "Transitional" sights - I have a set - took a few to get the hold angle correct but after few mags Im very pleased with them - I also checked other manufacturers and others do make them but I thought these were the best for my app - the others look to bulky :twocents:-

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I really want a set for my 20" coyote rig. I've looked around and haven't really found anything nice like these. I do like that they fold and I think that's what draws me to them

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Magpul makes a nice set of 45° offset sights. Personally, I'd just shoot with irons for now and save a bit more before spending only $200 on glass.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Weaver makes a 3x12 that is very nice I have one on my AR and does very well out to 200 yds. I haven't shot long than that.

Sonney

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    Thanks everyone. The 45deg. sights are what I was talking about. From what pics I seen it looked like they where mounted on the rail. Now I know.

Last edited:

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Thanks everyone. The 45deg. sights are what I was talking about. From what pics I seen it looked like they where mounted on the rail. Now I know.
    They are usually mounted on the top rail. I've seen people mount standard sights (not offset) on the side rails, but that would be really hard to transition to.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    If your only shooting 100-150 yards I definately wouldnt spend any more than $200 - talk to Vette at AAoptics(Alan) he has a few Vortex's in your price range that would suit you well - the Crossfire2 4-12 comes mind but talk Alan he'll set ya straight

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    If your only shooting 100-150 yards I definately wouldnt spend any more than $200 - talk to Vette at AAoptics(Alan) he has a few Vortex's in your price range that would suit you well - the Crossfire2 4-12 comes mind but talk Alan he'll set ya straight

I just got this scope last night. Mine has the adjustable objective and BDC reticle. I haven't gotten to look through it in daylight yet, but what I've seen so far I'm very impressed for the <$200 price point. Mine is also going on a .308.

-rvb

Top Bottom