What should my wife and I name our soon-to-come son? (POLL!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Help name our upcoming baby boy!

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Xavier Dean

XD for short. :D

Actually, I voted for Harrison. But I fear that it would haunt him later.
    When boys start to get to "that age", they will think it hilarious to call him "Harry D",
    'course, that might end up helping him with the ladies, so it's a toss up. :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Xavier Dean

XD for short. :D

Actually, I voted for Harrison. But I fear that it would haunt him later.
    When boys start to get to "that age", they will think it hilarious to call him "Harry D",
    'course, that might end up helping him with the ladies, so it's a toss up. :dunno:

What about Gaston Loic Octave Cedric Klide? :):

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    All are horrible names. You should name him Carl. With a name like Carl, he can either be a solid bowler or a black cop from Chicago with a dorky neighbor that is in love with his daughter or maybe even a pervert that hangs out at truck stops looking for lot lizards. You have to pick something that will give the boy some great opportunities in life.

Funny, yet disturbing. You have alot of time on your hands don't you Sepe???:D

My vote is for Marshall.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I voted for Marshall but Harrison may be better (both are good). But you can call the boy Harry for short, but "Marsh" may not be so cool. You can guarentee kids will shorten the name as he grows up. With Marshall he may become "Marshy" or Marshmellow."

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I voted for Marshall but Harrison may be better (both are good). But you can call the boy Harry for short, but "Marsh" may not be so cool. You can guarentee kids will shorten the name as he grows up. With Marshall he may become "Marshy" or Marshmellow."

And Harry Potter is a better option? :dunno:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Funny, yet disturbing. You have alot of time on your hands don't you Sepe???:D

My vote is for Marshall.

Yes, yes I do. It'll only last for 9 more months. After that I have to re-enter the "real world". My last spring break and the most exciting thing I've done is catch up on sleep and plan my last semester of school.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Whatever name you pick... do your absolute best to figure out all ways that it can be corrupted, rhymed, or otherwise made fun of. Because friends, enemies, and classmates will do it. This goes for first name alone and the whole name in entirety.

The best a parent can do is to pick a named that'll greatly mitigate the name-related teasing (in my opinion).

I don't have a recommendation on what I'd name your son...because I don't know your last name. Only based on the ones given...I'd personally not choose any of the three.

-J-

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Whatever name you pick... do your absolute best to figure out all ways that it can be corrupted, rhymed, or otherwise made fun of. Because friends, enemies, and classmates will do it. This goes for first name alone and the whole name in entirety.

Indy_guy_77 gave some great advise.

The last part of my oldest sons name when added to the last name made a word that invited a lot of mocking. I never saw that coming when we selected his name. He survived alright, but I was always sorry to do that to him.

Knight 1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    South indianapolis
    Totally agree with the corrupted possibilities, as we age it's usually not a problem but through the early years it can be a big problem. All three names seem fine especially in today's environment with Star, Mackey, Pookie, Darth and on and on. I go for "back-in-day" names. Good luck.

ZombieKate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Eastside of Indianap
    The Mom/Wife here...

names are so subject to mental association.

Example

Marshall: spineless metrosexual quasi-geek on "How I Met Your Mother."

Nelson: already mentioned above :rolleyes:

Harrison: Ford, in the early days, like Star Wars/Indiana Jones early, bang him like a storm door in a hurricane (not so much now). That five o'clock shadow thing with the fedora tilted just so. Mmmmm. Wait, where was I? Yeah, baby names.

My reasoning EXACTLY, 88GT! ;)

But, then again, Bacon Sue is growing on me.

Top Bottom