• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCrupe

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Kendallville
    Is there a "Stop and Identify" Law in Indiana? I CC practically every where I go. I want to start OC more often what do I need to know and what should I do to be better prepared when/if I am confronted by Law Enforcement.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    If you are stopped, show your pink LTCH and ask "Am I free to go." If you are driving, you will need to show your DL as well. After showing LTCH, everything should stop re: guns. DO NOT volunteer the officer your sidearm. If they disarm you, or try to, request a supervisor and state "I do not consent to the search and seizure of anything on my person or my vehicle."

If they then attempt to without any cause, then you have been violated and that's a whole different can o worms.

If you are asked to step out of the vehicle, take the keys out and lock the door behind you.

It's not being an ******* to them, it's just your right.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would suggest an active spell check but as to your comment.....I do not OC because to contribute to a control freak LEO's already bad attitude is not on my Itinerary so I just avoid pressing this issue. I have had far more good interaction with LEO in the last 10 years than bad but I just do not feel the need to press my luck in this whacked out society.
    It is your right by law to OC. I just do not express or push that right.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Be certain you know and understand your rights before you stand on them. Otherwise be polite but firm in you right to carry, give the officer your ltch to examine then if necessary ask for it back so you can go on your way.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have only been stop 1 time , as soon as the leo came to car , i stated that i was armed and held a current ltch . he unsnpped his holster and ask me to place my hands on steering wheel , another officer came , and they both had me get out . ask where my gun was , one took it out of holster , other one put me in frront of my car , while gun was cleared , they check my ltch , , then was tood reason for stop , and was told thanks for ststeing i was armed , got gun back , was told not to reload till they were gone .

FYI. Your Rights were violated, and laws possibly broken..

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have only been stop 1 time , as soon as the leo came to car , i stated that i was armed and held a current ltch . he unsnpped his holster and ask me to place my hands on steering wheel , another officer came , and they both had me get out . ask where my gun was , one took it out of holster , other one put me in frront of my car , while gun was cleared , they check my ltch , , then was tood reason for stop , and was told thanks for ststeing i was armed , got gun back , was told not to reload till they were gone .
    It was nice of them to tell you thanks. They sound like awesome guys!:n00b:

Top Bottom