• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    To those of you who OC, what size pistol do you carry? Do you carry a full-sized pistol, or like your IWB-carrying friends find comfort in smaller, lighter pistols? I only ask because I OC around the house sometimes and find OCing my little Karh CM9 to be much more enjoyable than OCing my heavy S&W 4566. Both have great holsters designed for each pistol specifically, though the size and weight difference between the two is quite noticable. Both are easily concealable (though the Smith is my cold weather carry and requires a jacket or coat for optimal concealment), and even though I don't OC I may rock a OWB holster with a jacket/coat open over it that hides it from view in most scenarios.

Anyhow, just curious if people actually OC small pocket pistols or if it's "go big or go home" when it comes to your daily OC piece. I can see the benefit in carrying large and carrying small, just curious what others do and why. :ingo:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full size Sig P320 with a double magazine pouch on the opposite side every day for me. I'm so used to it not carrying is more uncomfortable than carrying.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Subcompact

Glock 30.

PS: I carry this one not because of it's size (or caliber) but because it is the one I seem to be most accurate with. If and when I shoot something else better I will carry that one. :)

G30ampBlackhawkSERPA005.jpg

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Glock 30.

PS: I carry this one not because of it's size but because it is the one I seem to be most accurate with. If and when I shoot something else better I will carry that one. :)

G30ampBlackhawkSERPA005.jpg

Hey Vince -

Your wifes got a nice ass...:):

Oh...........Wait..........:n00b:

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    M&P 9 fs. With a good belt, I really do not notice any weight. I carry at 3:00-4:00. What I really hate is grating the leather on the seatbelt latch when I am in the vehicle.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Glock 23 because I shoot it better them my glock 22, nothing to do with the size... I believe most will carry what they shoot the best more so then the size or at least they should anyways ???

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    For OC occasions I have a stainless Colt Series 70 gubmint model with the rosewood grips in a Galco Fletch brown leather holster.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    when I do open carry off duty I still carry my personal Sig 229. and that's normally in a kydex holster with thumb break.

Top Bottom