• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Not to derail the "style" thread, I'll post my "purse question" here.

Question #1:
    When you have all your important stuff in a purse (keys, I.D., phone, credit cards/cash, gun, etc.) where do you put it?
    Lots of times I'll see women in stores with their purse in a cart...and turned away/walking away from it. Or in a restaurant with it slung over the back of their chair...BEHIND them while other people walk right by, bumping it or whatever. Or in social situations with it on the floor shoved under a seat out of their own line of vision...

Question #2:
    Where do you put it when you're at work?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    My gf is very mindful of hers she keeps it right next to her or between her feet. When walking around with me she keeps it on the shoulder closest to. If its between us there is less of a chance of a snatch and run

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    I have never had a purse..I put my id,cash and debit card in my pocket.
    Thays pretty much all I need. I have a locker at work for my keys and anything else.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    while shopping I do put mine in the cart where the child would sit. I also wrap the strap around my hand so I remember to NOT walk away from the cart. When I am walking to the car with my cart.. my purse is on my shoulder.

At a restaurant, I keep it on my lap unless I am sitting with my back to the wall and no way anyone can reach it without going through me.

At work.. well I worked at our shop so I left it under my desk...

when I worked in the real world, if I didn't have a locker to lock it in I put everything I needed, ID, CC, etc, in a small billfold that fit in my pocket and left my purse at home

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have never had a purse..I put my id,cash and debit card in my pocket.
    Thays pretty much all I need. I have a locker at work for my keys and anything else.

Pretty much if it doesn't fit in my pockets and I'm not willing to hand carry it all day, I don't need it. I have an I.D. holder/money clip for cash/cards/licenses and my keys/phone in other pockets...I carry IWB, so no "off body" carry-worries for me.
    I just wondered what gals are doing with those ginormous beach-bag type purses containing their gun when they can't be attached to them at the shoulder 24/7.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I LOVE bright, colorful, fun, big purses. I need lots of stuff. Several choices of lip gloss, lotions, pens, multi-tool and knife, ear plugs...seriously, it's very helpful to keep ear plugs in your purse. Not only have I stumbled upon shooting ranges that need checked out when I'm traveling, but I've also had noisy people sitting next to me in Panera or Starbucks and loud fire alarms at hotels to contend with. :)

That said, I very rarely keep my sidearm in my purse. I've nearly completely switched to cross-body purses only. That leaves my purse secure, my hands free, and I'm able to access my handgun quickly if necessary. And I can't take my handgun to work, anyway. Purse sits next to/under my desk.

So in conclusion...big purse full of all sorts of useful junk. Handgun on my hip or in my pocket.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Guess I need to clarify

I do keep a handgun in my purse, my BUG

My EDC is on my side for easier access so if I need to go without my purse, I can

I don't keep earplugs in my purse, but I do keep perfume, deodorant, and much of the other things AuntieBellum mentioned above.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I carry a go-bag (backpack) in my van full of some of that stuff. Plus there are several pairs of earplugs and a couple extra safety glasses in one of the dash compartments.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The only time I carry a purse is to an event that requires a nice dress which does not have pockets. And when that's the case, the only thing in it is my phone, my id and one debit card. There may be some money in it but not likely.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I carry a backpack about everywhere I go... although not a purse my day to day with it might as well be a man purse ;) I keep a small pad of paper, a magazine, my tablet, a small Bible, and other day to day items depending where I'm going. In the side pocket is my wallet and cell phone. I almost never keep either in my back pocket due to numerous studies on back problems and crooked sitting. When I'm wearing slacks with a tucked in shirt (ie church) my EDC also goes in, holstered.

I keep 3-4 carabiners in or on the bag also, great for keys, and securing it to a cart, chair, or what have you, one of them is a 1/4 turn quick latch, common in the fire/LE life but not everyone else's. This makes a grab and run or unclip and run impossible, especially when the carabiner is under the bag out of sight.

Side note... my perfume never leaves the house... if you buy expensive it should last all day :D

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's not that hard to keep track of it. Gun or not. Shouldn't be much of a difference in guarding it, gun or not.

it's rather not unlike children.

murph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Lawrence County
    I carry a backpack about everywhere I go... although not a purse my day to day with it might as well be a man purse ;) I keep a small pad of paper, a magazine, my tablet, a small Bible, and other day to day items depending where I'm going. In the side pocket is my wallet and cell phone. I almost never keep either in my back pocket due to numerous studies on back problems and crooked sitting. When I'm wearing slacks with a tucked in shirt (ie church) my EDC also goes in, holstered.

I keep 3-4 carabiners in or on the bag also, great for keys, and securing it to a cart, chair, or what have you, one of them is a 1/4 turn quick latch, common in the fire/LE life but not everyone else's. This makes a grab and run or unclip and run impossible, especially when the carabiner is under the bag out of sight.

Side note... my perfume never leaves the house... if you buy expensive it should last all day :D

Great idea on the carabiners!!

So I have a question for the ladies that do NOT carry in their purse. Where else do you carry? With today's clothing styles I feel it would be hard to be comfy with a small gun in your pants...especially if they fit just right. And the way shirts are made it's hard to find ones long enough on me anyway, let alone having to cover a gun. Any other thoughts on where to stick it? I haven't started actually carrying yet due to all i have are big guns haha :/

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Thanks for the link JetGirl! Did you have to buy different jeans or anything?

If I wore "low rise", I'd probably have to buy ones that ride higher...but since I'm a fuddy duddy who wears "classic cut waist" and "relaxed fit"... Nerp.
    When I buy capris or shorts, I make sure they have belt-loops, though. Not thin strappy ones... REAL ones.
    On such occasion that I have to wear dressier slacks with no loops (or sucky ones)... God bless ankle holsters. ;)

murph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Lawrence County
    Has anyone used a bra gun holster? LOL I'm just curious. I saw a video of one being used...something about having a loaded gun pointed at my chest or towards someone else is a bit bothersome to me. haha

Top Bottom