• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Errkola

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Indiana
    This is almost certainly a "bringback" gun and significant. No papers I assume? This is a cool pistol, and valuable. More valuable with stamped sideplate with date but still interesting.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    ok, like you said, nothing there, no apparent import marks, no arsenal banner although it is a tula manufactured gun, no date. Unusual not to have anything on that left sideplate. The front sight would indicate it is a pre '32 gun if I recall correctly. Single or double action? Looks to have blood pitting as well.

The easiest way to determine if it's SA or DA is to cock the hammer, if it is two pieces with a screw in it, which I don't see in the pictures, it's DA, if it's one solid piece, SA.

Errkola

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Indiana
    Oh! that's good! Most of the m95's started life as single action as the brass didn't think the soldiers could control their rate of fire so only the pistols issued to noncoms were double action. Almost all the pistols were arsenal refurbished en mass at some point and that included making them double action. Bottom line is: now single action m95's are uncommon. Maybe 10-15% of m95's are single action now.

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Just talked to my neighbor. Got more of the story. This was found (along with an unknown rifle he is going to bring over next) in his grandfather's house when he died. But his grandfather didn't serve. His GREAT grandfather was a guerrilla fighter in the Macedonian Struggle from 1904-1908.
    Apparently, he never talked about any of it, and nobody else in the family even knew these guns existed.
    Is it possible that this Nagant is really a bringback from the Macedonian Struggle?!?

Errkola

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Indiana
    That could explain the lack of identification on the side plate, didn't want to be known as supplying insurrections. But yes, this has an unusual history for this type of pistol. No way to materially verify unfortunately but still a very cool piece.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Just talked to my neighbor. Got more of the story. This was found (along with an unknown rifle he is going to bring over next) in his grandfather's house when he died. But his grandfather didn't serve. His GREAT grandfather was a guerrilla fighter in the Macedonian Struggle from 1904-1908.
    Apparently, he never talked about any of it, and nobody else in the family even knew these guns existed.
    Is it possible that this Nagant is really a bringback from the Macedonian Struggle?!?

that would be amazing

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Can hardly wait to see the rifle, interesting unusual stuff here!

Me too! I am excited to see the rifle. He said he'd bring it by tomorrow.
    These things seem to follow me around- which is fine by me because I have a passion for history and firearms both.
    If you missed it, this is the thread where my mom found a beautiful M1911 in my grandfather's nightstand when he passed. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/138247-question_for_all_you_m1911_guys.html

I love this stuff! lol
    My neighbor is going to keep digging his family for more info on the M1895 Nagant, and I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I see the rifle tomorrow or the next day.
    Thanks again for all your help, folks!

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    attic guns make me nervous. My FFL came to open his shop and found 2 ancient H&R revolvers on his door step. I told em they were probably murder weapons lol

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Neat looking Nagant revolver you got there. Ya..know..these are one of the few revolvers that can effectively be suppressed right?:D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvF4yurWSc0[/ame]

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Too easy, what I find interesting is the lack of an arsenal mark... at least in the pics..

Also gotta love the lack of electro-penciling from an importer. I wonder when and how that bad boy came into the country.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Too easy, what I find interesting is the lack of an arsenal mark... at least in the pics..

Also gotta love the lack of electro-penciling from an importer. I wonder when and how that bad boy came into the country.

Um 1945 and in a duffel bag....? sorry couldn't resist..:):

Top Bottom