What to do for the Holidays (Daytrips with Kids)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    I've got the next few weeks off, with a stay at home wifie and two young girls (3ish and 2ish) I'm looking for some fun day trip ideas.

Normally a trip or two up to chicago would be fun, but I'm thinking we might skip it this year...

Kids Museum in Indy comes to mind... any cool shopping places to hit while we're down there?

Anything fun to drag them to in MI/OH/other places in IN?

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Ft. Wayne isn't shabby. Go to the mall, ride the merry-go-round. Catch a hockey game.

If you do hit indy, stay at this place Caribbean Cove Waterpark, Hotel & Conference Center, Indianapolis Indiana
    Circle Center Mall is fun for a day. Hockey with the Indy Fuel. Gun stores Galore! Go see the state capitol building. You can just walk in, go through a metal detector, and wander around. Really pretty building. The art museum is free on December 17th. The state museum is pretty neat as is the eiteljorg museum. NCAA hall of champions is also pretty neat.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Definitly the Children's Musuem.
    State Musuem.
    war memorials.
    call ahead and see if you can get in the big Masonic Temple, I've heard it's really cool.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    And don't forget, The World's Largest Ball of Paint... Alexandria, IN
    And stop in for lunch at Gaithers. At least get a ice cream cone. That also have a nice store the wife would like.

And McClain's Military Museum in North Anderson, call ahead , sometime they are closed in the winter, and sometimes when they are posted closed they are open.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Ft. Wayne isn't shabby. Go to the mall, ride the merry-go-round. Catch a hockey game.

If you do hit indy, stay at this place Caribbean Cove Waterpark, Hotel & Conference Center, Indianapolis Indiana
    Circle Center Mall is fun for a day. Hockey with the Indy Fuel. Gun stores Galore! Go see the state capitol building. You can just walk in, go through a metal detector, and wander around. Really pretty building. The art museum is free on December 17th. The state museum is pretty neat as is the eiteljorg museum. NCAA hall of champions is also pretty neat.

When was the last time you were at CC? It's really nose dived in the last 18-24 months.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    When was the last time you were at CC? It's really nose dived in the last 18-24 months.

It's been a while. Had friends go there a couple of years ago and liked it. Shame if it when south.

And I almost forgot, closer up north in Auburn is the Victory Museum and Classic Car museum. Go see a ton of vehicles used in WWII (German, US, Italian, Japanese, Brit) and then walk to the other wing and see the Batmobile, the General Lee, Herbert Hoover's presidential Limo, King George IV's Coronation Carriage, the A-Team van, and other cool stuff.

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    Well, hopefully I stop working 72 hour weeks next week, and I can put my Christmas lights up.
    If you're near Merrillville, you might want to see them.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...t-display-using-light-o-rama-controllers.html

Nice! I've been toying with the idea of getting everythign hooked up to a controller, maybe using a spare raspberry pi and some relays and doing somethign similar. There's a hosue in New Carlisle that does something similar we try to hit up each year.

Weber Grill for lunch and Polar Express at IMAX.

Perfect for the 3 year old, the 2 year old I don't think will sit still long enough, have to bench this one till next year.

A overnight in Ohio at Wolf Creek Lodge...

Started looking at the one up in Michigan and the on in Ohio, I have a relative with some spare timeshare points that might throw some at us and the kids to go to the Dells, indoor waterpark sounds like a great idea.

It's not entirely clear...

the wife and kids are coming with? Or is this a solo road trip?

Don't tease. I'd hook the boat on a drive south until I could launch it if she'd let me :)

Top Bottom