• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Its on a slab and the damage is 83 feet out from the service clean out across the side walk by the curb.
    Might be able to get by with redoing the damaged section and then have a liner put through all of it. Being on a slab may make it more difficult not sure.

I guess it could have been good and bad if the Roto Rooter would have damaged the fiber.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    If it is AT&T's fiber, I had a situation at my new home in Texas. Preparing for a big landscaping/patio, everyone came out to mark their lines. The fiber for our neighborhood was 15' out of the easement on my side.

I found an AT&T business forum and got connected with a local engineer. Never in a million years did I think two weeks later they would relocate the line with almost zero fuss. The crew were good guys... good enough guys that when I showed my plans, they directional bored it in my neighbor's yard so I would have zero issues with it, lol.

If you think it is AT&T, PM me, and I'll try to find the forum and link for you.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    OK where to start.
    The house CKW and I currently live in is next to our other property we moved into in May of 81. A friend lived in our current house at that time.
    In all those years there was never an issue with the sewer. Ever. We bought this house in 04 as we could not get the kids to move so we did. Hilarious right. So was born the compound.
    A few years back we had a main line blockage and called the Roto people out. They fought with it for a while and got it freed up and running. Nothing came out on the snake. There are no trees close enough to impact the main line.
    About 4 months ago we had another blockage. It was cleared out easily and there were a couple of baby wipes pulled out. Everyone knows better.
    Yesterday here we go again so we Called Roto Rooter to get it cleared and run the camera. What they found was a bit disconcerting.
    A few years back some contractors ran Fiber Optics all the way down our street using the boring machines. Turns out they bored right through our field tile main drain and ran not 1 but 2 cables right through the middle of it. WTAF.

So now I am on the warpath but have no idea where to start and who to contact to find out who these idiots were and how to get them to get this fixed. We are in Marion co. just north of the Motor Speedway. It's an Indy address.
    Short of getting a lawyer which may have to happen anyway how do I hold those moron's feet to the fire.
    Need some guidance.
    Call a lawyer and let them sort it out and swing thr big hammer for you

CornFedLinux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2022
    Lawrence Co
    Att, verizon, and zayo all run fiber around indy. The bore crew is supposed to spot all utilities they will cross before they start. But if it's not located they won't know it's there, or they were just lazy ****s.

I know this won't help you now but in the future anytime you see utilities located take pictures of the locates and write down the contractors company name along with who they work for in case something like this happens.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If it is AT&T's fiber, I had a situation at my new home in Texas. Preparing for a big landscaping/patio, everyone came out to mark their lines. The fiber for our neighborhood was 15' out of the easement on my side.

I found an AT&T business forum and got connected with a local engineer. Never in a million years did I think two weeks later they would relocate the line with almost zero fuss. The crew were good guys... good enough guys that when I showed my plans, they directional bored it in my neighbor's yard so I would have zero issues with it, lol.

If you think it is AT&T, PM me, and I'll try to find the forum and link for you.
    As far as my research today has taken me, I believe the utility as AT&T so if you could get me a link please that would be a place to start.
    This rabbit hole will be deep and twisted I fear.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Getting the responsible utility to pay will be difficult. First they will lay it on the contractor and then you will find the contractor out of business or under new “management “. Second they will put it on you to prove when and by whom the damage was done. No pictures or video of the incident, no money. If they do anything they will send you to a company called sedgewick and they make their money by denying claims. Best thing is to roto root through the cable and deny, deny, deny. The responsible party will show up scratching their head. I say this as a 31 year communication employee. You can’t be responsible for cable wrongfully placed inside your sewer pipe. Play dumb…. When approached, ask if they are taking responsibility for your sewer damage, because you were unaware that they placed cable in your pipe.
    And delete this thread…

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    OK where to start.
    The house CKW and I currently live in is next to our other property we moved into in May of 81. A friend lived in our current house at that time.
    In all those years there was never an issue with the sewer. Ever. We bought this house in 04 as we could not get the kids to move so we did. Hilarious right. So was born the compound.
    A few years back we had a main line blockage and called the Roto people out. They fought with it for a while and got it freed up and running. Nothing came out on the snake. There are no trees close enough to impact the main line.
    About 4 months ago we had another blockage. It was cleared out easily and there were a couple of baby wipes pulled out. Everyone knows better.
    Yesterday here we go again so we Called Roto Rooter to get it cleared and run the camera. What they found was a bit disconcerting.
    A few years back some contractors ran Fiber Optics all the way down our street using the boring machines. Turns out they bored right through our field tile main drain and ran not 1 but 2 cables right through the middle of it. WTAF.

So now I am on the warpath but have no idea where to start and who to contact to find out who these idiots were and how to get them to get this fixed. We are in Marion co. just north of the Motor Speedway. It's an Indy address.
    Short of getting a lawyer which may have to happen anyway how do I hold those moron's feet to the fire.
    Need some guidance.
    So that's why my internet connection is so poopy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I took this member up on his offer and the info led to me getting a case number started with AT&T. They are moving right along at a surprising rate.
    Case number has been assigned to an agent and let’s see where this goes.

Thanks for the input.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I took this member up on his offer and the info led to me getting a case number started with AT&T. They are moving right along at a surprising rate.
    Case number has been assigned to an agent and let’s see where this goes.

Thanks for the input.
    Good to hear this is moving forward CM. Best of all, it shows what INGO is really all about ... people helping people.

Top Bottom