• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bstorm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2015
    Sellersburg
    Like the title says... I have a Pelican 1650 case with no foam. I'm not sure what to do with it? Quite the problem isn't it? lol I thought about using it as a camp kitchen box, but it's just not right, too big and heavy. It's too big to be a range box. It weighs maybe 30-35 pounds empty so loaded it can easily weigh 100 pounds. It's too nice to sit empty in the garage, so I'm looking for a good use for it? Sell it? Trade it? or find a use? I know its open ended but looking for advice! Thanks!

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    keep what ever needs to be kept free of moisture.

i.e. reloading stuff, powder, primer

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm open to offers then! lol

I have a large gun safe that I keep ammo and goodies in... Selling it may seem like the best thing.

And you are skirting the rules. You can not sell in the forum as this looks to be your intention from the 1st post.

Stop and read the rules.

Bstorm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2015
    Sellersburg
    I'm really looking for a good use for it. I was more trying to be funny.... humor is not well understood through a thread though. I'm hoping to see what other people have used for theirs. I'm sure other people have a similar case and a good use.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm really looking for a good use for it. I was more trying to be funny.... humor is not well understood through a thread though. I'm hoping to see what other people have used for theirs. I'm sure other people have a similar case and a good use.

Not a problem.

Might seem petty but so many skirt the rules.

Enjoy and welcome.

nkhrfh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I have a pelican that i use as a travel box that fits perfectly in my hitch rack. Replaced the o ring and know have a waterproof travel box. Works in pick up truck bed also.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    28# with foam, 24# without.
    Watch long term storage with the foam. It can put off gasses that can be corrosive. I know it can cause polycarbonates to delaminate and crack. I would use it for maybe powder storage or reloading equipment storage. Hunting clothing or such.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I have an old mil spec case a lot bigger then that filled with a 30 day supply of mountainhouse freeze dried food. I can still load it in the truck by myself if need be.

Another good use for large cases is soft/bulky, light weight gear. Blankets, inflatable beds, sleeping bags, furniture pads, tarps, tyvek stuff, N95 masks, emergency set of clothing. Group things by use. My larger bins are for base camp, SHTF, seasonal gear/winter truck gear/hunting gear. In the truck itself I use softsided bags.

Bulk mag storage if mags are empty.

Top Bottom