• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    So I have recently gotten my ltch and while the most part the gun is pretty comfortable in the holster until I get into my car. I would like to know what some of you guys do to make it more comfortable while driving?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I leave my EDC in my IWB holster when driving.

Back when I was at a not so gun friendly job I would pull the pistol with the holster and put it under the center console. Made putting everything back on a pain.

Thankfully I don't have that problem now unless I have to go to a no gun zone.

I keep it at three o-clock. Makes it more comfy while sitting.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I actually attached a holster to the interior of my vehicle. Now I take it from owb or iwb and put it in the holster for the car. Great way to travel...it is at hand if needed and secure while driving. When I reach my destination, I merely reholster.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I have it in an iwb. I carry at 3 its what I have found to be most comfortable while walking around. I am a bigger guy so if I did bring it up a closer to the front my stuffing get in the way.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I currently have a foxx holster. I can walk around with it all do with no problem and I can sit down no problem. I think for the most part it is caused mostly by my seat belt and center console. I have thought about mounting a holster inside my car but I feel like there isnt a whole lot of room for me to begin with.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    I carry a S & W Bodyguard 380, It fits very easily in my front pocket when just walking around. When driving, I usually put it in my truck console, and then place it into my pocket when I get out of the truck. This has worked for me for awhile, so why change?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Stays in my holster on my hip. Mine EDC carry and holster stay pretty comfortable even when seated in a car. However, I admit that I have been intrigued for awhile by this setup:

Andrews Custom Leather - Carjacker Crossdraw

I wish I knew someone else who tried it before a put $100 down for one. I can see keeping the holster in my glovebox and switching into it while driving.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    You obviouusly need a bigger car. I'm 5'11" and about 210 lbs and can comfortably carry a Sig P220 in an OWB holster at 4 o'clock in a Ford Fusion.
    Everyones frame is different. What works for one won't work for all.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I keep mine holstered (Glock 19 in Safariland ALS 7378 holster at 8 o'clock, I shoot left-handed). It's comfortable to drive with it on but I would not be able to draw and fire effectively so I guess I should re-evaluate my in-vehicle carry options. Looks like I need to put a holster in my drivers side door pocket.

Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Agree with the above observations. I carry (leftie) mine at the 8 o'clock position, OWB. But I wore a Sam Browne rig for so long, maybe I'm just used to that. As noted, a cross draw rig is an option, as well as one of the myriad of rigs that holsters the firearm under the steering console, along side the seat, etc., etc., etc. I think any of those rigs are preferable to sticking in a glovebox or console, or under the seat, etc. where it may shift around, etc.

Might also consider a shoulder rig. With mine (since being a leftie, my gun sits alongside the driver's door when on the hip), the shoulder rigs allow a ready draw even with the off hand, IMO. If you handle the firearm well with either hand (as we all should), I've found it to be comfortable, and still readily accessible with either hand. Just a thought.

Top Bottom