• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I tried to sell some gun parts to Numerich once. After the super lowball offer (IIRC, it was like around 15% of the going value), I asked them to send them back. Once burned...lesson learned.

wow i didn't know it'd be that low, now gun broker is looking like a better way to go.

i had two guns that were crap, one was a intertec tec 9, and the other was a colt anaconda, and i fixed them, i sold them to gun dealers at gun shows, let them deal with it

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1st.....Stop buying cheap crap guns. They are cheap for a reason as they are crap. Goes with out saying. If it is cheaper than a decent one there is good reason for it.
    2nd....sell/give it to a local Smith for the parts.
    3rd....do as I do, bust them up. Cut them up. Throw them away. Only owned 1 Turd in my life and it was through trading. Friends bring me this junk crying the blues. Sorry guys, junk is just that....."JUNK"

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    My old raven .25 I bought before I knew anything about guns is still in my safe. I will never sell it as I would hate to see someone hurt because it fails to work as it should. I won't sell at gun buy back because I don't believe in helping anti gun people. So it sits in safe still in original box covered in oil so no one touches it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My old raven .25 I bought before I knew anything about guns is still in my safe. I will never sell it as I would hate to see someone hurt because it fails to work as it should. I won't sell at gun buy back because I don't believe in helping anti gun people. So it sits in safe still in original box covered in oil so no one touches it.

Turn it in a buyback and make a press release about how the gun is junker and came from your safe, not the streets. Tax payers will love to know their money is being wasted like this.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    First off don't buy any junk guns. Do a lot of research and if you don't have the cash for the good stuff don't buy in haste.

As far as what to do with a junk gun. I would sell it for more than what I paid at the next show. Amazing what people spend on junk. Cheap guns sell quick regardless of condition. Never lost money on a firearm of any kind.

I have disposed of a few that were given to me. They were black powder kit guns from the 70's. I had fun tinkering with them and then put them in the vise and chopped them up. All metal went into the garbage and the stocks went into the wood stove. Not into black powder and to me the quality sucked. Not worth my time for what I would have got for them.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I would have to have some fun with it. Lodge a bullet in the barrel and then put a hot round in next. Fasten it to a board and tie a long string to it and get a safe distance away and blow that sucker up. Now it would make a nice paper weight and a conversation starter.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I've got a old Stallard arms pistol that Im sure is junk. I think it's like a pre high point. Big and bulky as all get out. I've been waiting for some gun "buy back" to turn it in. Then I could use that money to buy a new firearm! They never seem to have one in my area though.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Pawn shop comes to mind... I sold a Llama 9mm 1911 style gun that I bought when I was young and stupid. Only damage that thing ever inflicted was the multiple slices it put in my hands when field stripping it. Jammed constantly, and the plastic plunger housing fell off (had that repaired by the shop where I bought it). Sold it to a pawn shop that had just opened and was looking to build his inventory. Horrible gun.

As others have stated, place a classified ad with full disclosure. Someone will likely want it, and may well be able to fix it. Some people are looking for projects.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Sell 'em to Don's Guns... that way, WHEN they blow up - it will be in the hands of some hood rat that's committing a crime, since that's who Don will sell it to.

I keed, I keed...

I can't make myself sell a crap gun. Agree with the "part it out/let someone work on it" folks.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    YEARS AGO,, Dons Guns would give you a free Raven for a membership at the range. The member ship was like 100.00, and the gun was 'free'. I think I joined 2 times just to get the 'free' gun. I did not know any better. :( That was when he had the Greenwood and the 'North' store.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    YEARS AGO,, Dons Guns would give you a free Raven for a membership at the range. The member ship was like 100.00, and the gun was 'free'. I think I joined 2 times just to get the 'free' gun. I did not know any better. :( That was when he had the Greenwood and the 'North' store.
    I remember those days. Never did join.

marsell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    State is full of people that would rather buy a garbage gun for cheap than invest in a fine piece of craftsmanship. Post after post on facebook gun pages offering $200 for an auto 9mm.

Top Bottom