• ...and so much more!
  • bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Ok so here is where I am at.

Every year I am tasked with the mission of getting the owner of our company a new toy for Christmas. Everyone in the company pitches in and I am left with around $1,800.00 to spend to get him something that he doesn't currently own...(He already owns most of the common stuff.)

Well this year I am kind of drawings a blank. The only thing I have found of interest is a KelTech CMR30. He already has two of the pistols so I thought this would be a good companion other than some bad reviews I have seen here and there. He has also talked to me about trying to find him a CZ-97B (he has good tastes) but I have been having a hard time putting my hands on one.

I would love to be able to get the 97B and get it Cajunized before Christmas but that is proving tough to do. Any other ideas that you guys can recommend for (unipue and fun) firearms or does anyone have a source on a CZ-97B?

Thanks

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You can get the accurized 97B from the CGW site and it will come fully tuned. It might be pushing it to get it by Christmas, though.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Ok so here is where I am at.

Every year I am tasked with the mission of getting the owner of our company a new toy for Christmas. Everyone in the company pitches in and I am left with around $1,800.00 to spend to get him something that he doesn't currently own...(He already owns most of the common stuff.)

Well this year I am kind of drawings a blank. The only thing I have found of interest is a KelTech CMR30. He already has two of the pistols so I thought this would be a good companion other than some bad reviews I have seen here and there. He has also talked to me about trying to find him a CZ-97B (he has good tastes) but I have been having a hard time putting my hands on one.

I would love to be able to get the 97B and get it Cajunized before Christmas but that is proving tough to do. Any other ideas that you guys can recommend for (unipue and fun) firearms or does anyone have a source on a CZ-97B?

Thanks

If you call up CGW and they can't get you one by Christmas that's already customized, I heard there's a stock one at Bradis. Then you just have to find someone local to do the custom work. Alternatively, check with CZ Custom.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Get a 97B and have the Wizard do the work on it. He's every bit as good as CGW at installing the guts and polishing them up. Only thing you won't be able to have done if you go this route is the 1911 bushing mod that CGW does.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you call up CGW and they can't get you one by Christmas that's already customized, I heard there's a stock one at Bradis. Then you just have to find someone local to do the custom work. Alternatively, check with CZ Custom.

I was told that the pricing at this LGS has gone up. A lot.
    I do not go in there anymore as to some issues we had but I have heard this from more than 1 person.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Get a 97B and have the Wizard do the work on it. He's every bit as good as CGW at installing the guts and polishing them up. Only thing you won't be able to have done if you go this route is the 1911 bushing mod that CGW does.

I have the CopperHead from CGW with the bushing and yes, it is deadly accurate.

That said the standard bushing in a well tune 97 is also pretty deadly accurate. I have owned both a couple of times.
    Saying the 97 is one of the most accurate hand guns I now own is a terrible understatement.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I was told that the pricing at this LGS has gone up. A lot.
    I do not go in there anymore as to some issues we had but I have heard this from more than 1 person.

Prices have gone WAY up with inventory going way down. Plus the customer service has gone into the proverbial ****ter too. I was in there a week ago and will probably never go back. And this is from someone who has been shopping there since the mid 80's. I even bought a chain saw from them!

I agree on the training. That would be a nice alternative most any firearm owner would appreciate.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I like the training idea but he would never go so that one is out the window.

Called one LGS that was mentioned earlier....anyone know of another LGS that has a CZ-97B that is not $100.00 over priced?

What are the regulations on buying a handgun in Tennessee? My brother is working down there and I am not sure they are down with the CZickness yet?:rockwoot::dunno:

Top Bottom