• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    $1200 will get you an SGL with a Russian folding stock, Russian barrel, and Russian semi auto receiver. $750-800 will get you the same rifle with a fixed polymer stock. Most everything else is built from surplus rifle parts on a new US receiver with new US barrel. The Wasr does have a Romanian chrome lined barrel and Romanian receiver. The barrel is durable but the build quality does not seem to be as good as the Arsenal rifles. There were a lot of surplus rifles imported with original barrels too and those kit builds are out there as well in the used market.

I do not usually hear about problems with US made 7.62x39 barrels but the 5.45x39 barrels seem hit and miss. The chrome lined ones are the only US 5.45 barrels that I have not heard complaints about.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I picked up a GP1975 for $370 new. It has a new US. receiver and barrel good parkerized finish. Has straight sights and runs like a scalded dog. About 4000 rounds through it and no problems at all. Accuracy is better than most AKs I have seen, I like the US barrel myself it isn't chrome lined but it really doesn't matter to me. Remember it is a sub $400 rifle. I picked mine up at Orion Arms in Jeffersonville.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I picked up a WASR-10, and although I had feeding issues, it turns out that it was assembled incorrectly. It was fixed for free, by sending it back to the factory, (Century,) and I haven't had a single issue with it since.

I don't really hold that against them, though; they import a LOT of these, and just by the numbers, this is bound to happen eventually. I have never heard of someone having the same problem as me right out of the factory, so I think it was an isolated incident.

Regardless, you're talking about a gun that is designed to be produced from basically scrap metal, in factories that are supposed to be making coffee pots or car parts, by nearly unskilled workers. And for all that, it's still supposed to be one of the most reliable guns on the planet. Don't stress your choice to much; pick one you like, that fits in your budget.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Love my WASR from Century! Got it at a great price and it is one of my favorite guns to shoot. Very accurate and 100% reliable so far. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom