• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Those many hours a week that I must carry very discreetly finds me with a simple little S&W 638 in a Nemesis pocket holster.

All other times finds me carrying something a bit larger on my belt. Several options to choose from there..........

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Mine is about like this, except I keep a Zippo, as my dad taught me. I mean you might HAVE to make a fire if you go out.

Ironically I carried a zippo until I realized they evaporated. I do keep Bic lighters. They don't leak.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Ironically I carried a zippo until I realized they evaporated. I do keep Bic lighters. They don't leak.

Ironically, I find the opposite to be true. My Bic lighters and others, even some fancy butanes than I have owned ALL seem to lose fuel over time. Yes, I have found still working Bic lighters in a jacket pocket that were several years old in a jacket I have not touched, but constantly carrying anything wears it a bit.

Yes, flammable liquids evaporate rather quickly. I just refill it every so often. The best reason to carry a Zippo is that they are easily refillable AND almost anything flammable (I have even used diesel fuel that I took from a nozzle, for free from the pressure left over after someone filled up - HEY, it's NOT stealing. That fuel was paid for by the last one to use the pump. They left a bit of pressure in the hose for any to find) even paint thinner, rubbing alcohol, gasoline, WD-40 or other light oils all work OK in a pinch.

I have also started fires with absolutely dead Bics, because they do have a great flint and striker!

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Gym/minimum EDC (plus the phone used to take picture and keys to whatever I'm driving)

20160508_161738_zpsrw7rfpnr.jpg

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    My minimum, not counting my wallet phone and keys is a combination of one of these guns and one of these knives.

Sig 226r with or without light depending.
    Khar pm9

ZT0301
    Spyderco Dragon fly G-10

This is the minimum.
    On a regular day The dragon fly is in left pocket 0301 in right. Khar PM9 at 1 oclock, extra mag at 7, Sig 226 with tlr-1 in console of truck with extra mag.

BK1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    North Liberty
    Having read every comment in this thread I raise my arms in a V and ask "Why am I the only person that includes a R.A.T.S. tourniquet as part of my EDC"? It's no bigger than your favorite folder. It can be applied with one hand. And it can be bought for as little as $7.00...In the aftermath of the fight, when you've emptied your second mag, broken the blade off your best knife and thrown all of your change like tiny little throwing stars. It might be the one thing that actually saves your life. Or the life of someone else. I also carry it when I cut fire wood just in case I momentarily disregard the minimum chain to flesh air gap. Or do other awesomely exciting adventurous activities that include a high risk of venous interruption.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Having read every comment in this thread I raise my arms in a V and ask "Why am I the only person that includes a R.A.T.S. tourniquet as part of my EDC"? It's no bigger than your favorite folder. It can be applied with one hand. And it can be bought for as little as $7.00...In the aftermath of the fight, when you've emptied your second mag, broken the blade off your best knife and thrown all of your change like tiny little throwing stars. It might be the one thing that actually saves your life. Or the life of someone else. I also carry it when I cut fire wood just in case I momentarily disregard the minimum chain to flesh air gap. Or do other awesomely exciting adventurous activities that include a high risk of venous interruption.

:dunno:

Gym/minimum EDC (plus the phone used to take picture and keys to whatever I'm driving)

20160508_161738_zpsrw7rfpnr.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I don't carry that because I carry a SOFTT-W and an IBD.

I also won't post my minimum EDC here for a variety of reasons, including the fact that people who don't know me won't believe it.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

I recently purchased a Douglas field lighter for the same reason. Suppose to be water resistant and able to keep a fill for up to a year as long as it's sealed. I have not had it long enough to say for sure but it has to last longer than a zippo. I collect Zippos and they're great for that but a week is the longest I can get out of a fill.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    If I am going through a metal detector, I still carry cash, id, debit card, ltch, flashlight, key ring (with another flashlight and a tiny but functional pry bar). If I am not going through a metal detector, then I am likely carrying at least an lcp and a tdi knife too. I try to carry a tourniquet and an Hbandage with me too, but I get lazy.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I don't carry that because I carry a SOFTT-W and an IBD.

I also won't post my minimum EDC here for a variety of reasons, including the fact that people who don't know me won't believe it.

And trust me when I say ^^^^^this man^^^^^^ uses these to stop the bleeding on a regular basis, mostly on himself.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    And trust me when I say ^^^^^this man^^^^^^ uses these to stop the bleeding on a regular basis, mostly on himself.

I have used IBDs as they were intended and been in a couple of situations where I needed it, but it was in my truck. Never again! Always on my person.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    My minimum is while I'm working. It consists of a backpack with various odds and ends that I might need while working, my cell phone, wallet, keys, pen, Sharpie, and shears.
    When I go to work, it is all of that plus a Glock 43.

When not working, it varries depending on where I am planning to go, but it is usually cell phone, keys, wallet, pen or Sharpie, and either a Glock 19 or a Glock 43.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I can't carry at work (secure building) but at least carry my phone, wallet, keys, chapstick(only need it when you don't have it), stream light stylus pro, and a spyderco tenacious. When I'm not at work I add a M&P shield with a spare 8 rnd mag or glock 19, depending on my mood.

Top Bottom