What type of sling do you use for an AR?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    US Military web sling. Installed backwards so the hook is on the front swivel. This allows you to use it las a tension adjustable international match style sling and still as a carry sling. I cannot see how it makes the rifle evil or menacing, but it really stablizes the accuracy at the 600 yard prone slow fire section of a match.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    Blue Force Gear VCAS.

I have had about 10 different slings over the years and this is the best thing going right now. Pricey, but top quality gear. I installed mine with Daniel Defense quick detach rail mounts.

ederue

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    It depends on what you are shooting. I have a single point on mine, for quick transition from rifle to pistol and ease of carry. If I move to long range (500+m) I'll swap out to a standard sling where you can stabilize the rifle.

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    Three point Python from Sling Dynamics- I love that sling. The ring over the foreend makes it perfect for either strong or weak fire use. .

flnt38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Running the MS2 and ASAP on my rifles currently but after taking a day long class and not being totally satisfied i am going to try the vickers sling

camodiesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Eskan
    I like the SPEC-OPS single point so I can transition from left to right without taking it off or moving anything plus you can still muzzel check someone with it.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    +1 on the urban rush sling. Can switch from two point to single point in an instant. Last I knew was still an Indiana company, made all in the USA and they will oet you pay in silver if you don't want to use rhat fake paper money.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been using Blackhawk Dieter slings for a few years. I use it mostly as a single point, but it can easily switch to a two point (although it's not rapidly adjustable like a VTAC or Vickers). If I had to hike a lot with a long gun, I'd go with a VTAC or Vickers.

Top Bottom