• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    My first really accurate 22 was a H&R Targeteer. I think I paid 15 dollars for it back in 1954. It was in sad shape but it had a real walnut stock and I was able to clean it up and make it look pretty good, by refinishing the wood and using touch up cold blue, and 0000 steel wool to polish up the steel, I had a really nice looking rifle. It had a 5 shot magizine, and if I did my part it put them all in a dime sized group at 50 yards. I found remington standard velosity ammo to shoot the smallest groups. I installed a peep sight and leather sling, and shot many a varmit with it, as well as small game for the pot. I was forced to sell all my guns when I left for the Navy, and have often wondered who wound up with this rifle. I have had perhaps 25 rifles since, most of them good and none of them 22s. I own a CZ 527 American in 22 KHornet, and it is very good, perhaps the best up to 300 yards of any rifle I have owned.
    Bill...

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I have had really good luck with my marlin 39a, 1980s model. My savage mark II is a close second but the extra length of the 39a has always helped me free hand shoot it. CCI mini mags are what I run.

ruger44srh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a Savage-Anschutz .22 with a Leupold M-8 4x Gold Ring scope that is a tack driver. My eyes don't let me shoot like I did when I bought it around 1980 at Em-Roe downtown Indy.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Remington 541T. I've had nothing in .22 close to it's accuracy. It'll neuter a gnat at 75 yds w/target ammo.
    I have redone the trigger and done the basics to it. I've had a lot of .22s in my life but I've kept this one and will pass it to my sons when I'm no longer on the green side of the grass.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I still have a Rossi model 62SA that my dad bought me 25 years ago. It was the first rifle that was really "mine". Not really known as an accurate rifle, but I practiced so much with that gun that I felt like I could hit anything I aimed at with it. Killed a lot of squirrels with it.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    It was cheap, but my Marlin M 60 is a great gun. I have never had a great scope on it, but even with iron sights I can print 10 rounds on a 12" x 12" target at one hundred yards. With the cheap Tasco it came with I can get a 3" group at 50 yards.

Udderchaos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    NW Indy
    I shared/inherited my Papaw's JC Higgins semi auto. The 10's of thousands of rounds that made it down that barrel. It was accurate with the open sights, and real accurate with the scope. Pop sold it a few years ago. Miss that old rifle..

DaveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Washington IN.
    CZ 452 American 22lr, it's a better shot than I am. Marlin 25 in 22 mag is a one hole gun. Both of these are the beat ones I have on paper. My favorite is my first rifle a Mossberg 146, love those old Mossbergs.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Still have an old marlin/glenfield 60. Back in the day I dould knock flies off grandmas clothes line. (only parted the line once, cuz after the thrashing I got never shot at the line again:). It's not so accurate now after about a million rounds. I got a henry that's pretty good, but not what the old "60" could do.

plowman766

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Huntington
    I have quite a few 22's including a ruger 10 22 and a marlin 39a they are both good rifles but my most accurate is a Mossberg 151 with factory peep sights it has been a very good rifle that you never hear anyone mention a great rifle for the money

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    Savage MkII BV with a Bushnell 3-9x50. It's a bit heavy for lugging through the woods, but the accuracy is incredible. I haven't bench-rested it, but I shot a <1/4" group @ 25 yards at my first Appleseed running el-cheapo Federal Lightening. I also managed to shoot Rifleman at the same event. At my last Appleseed it went 10 for 10 @ 100 yards running Armscor standard velocity round nose. Most of those shots were at the 4" squares.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Sako Quad with Lilja bbl. Ole Ugly.:yesway:
    DSCN1111.jpg

Top Bottom