• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Laying in bed and heard the dog barking. So I went outside and heard the strangest animal noise. It almost sounded like a rooster or some kind of screeching. Got my flashlight out and went exploring and I spotted it's eyes
    and it was only as tall as a big cat or like a small medium dog. It ran off before I got much closer. What was it??

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Probably a fox. They make some freaky noises, and that's about the right size, maybe like a Jack Russell.

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    It was a freaky noise for sure. Loud and shrill .i recorded it on my phone but don't know how I could even get it on here.

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    A quick search on youtube and it was definitely a fox scream. That's the first time in 5 years I lived here that I heard that noise.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    We hear the fox screams all the time around here.

I've encountered 2 while mowing grass. One decided he wasn't afraid of me and the weed eater and kept coming towards me. Not sure what finally scared him off, but he was sick looking - foaming at the mouth.

The second fox ran as soon as he saw me. We were both coming towards each other unknowingly at a corner he took off as he saw me. I tried to get my phone out to take a pic but he was gone.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I heard high pitched screaming of absolute terror one night. Grabbed the 27 D cell maglite (that may be something of an exaggeration but it is as big as a bat and considerably heavier) and went to take a look. I spied movement in the neighbors yard by our shared property lines. Turned out to be a pit bull working over his rabbit hutches. I shoo'd the dog away before he could through, but it sure did scare them.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I've encountered 2 while mowing grass. One decided he wasn't afraid of me and the weed eater and kept coming towards me. Not sure what finally scared him off, but he was sick looking - foaming at the mouth.
    Foaming at the mouth, not scared of you? Sounds like a definite illness that you want to stay away from. Possibly rabies...

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Foxes make horrible sounds, so do rabbits being eaten by foxes.;)

Pheasants can also raise quite a ruckus. Screech owls can get your attention. Neighbor used to have some peacocks, those were the worst.

Top Bottom