• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Besides the recoil spring issue that you mentioned, I know of a few. The older gen 2 & 3 G17's were having issues with the mags not feeding correctly at random times and gen 4's were having issues with the ejector not funtioning properly (throwing brass in the shooters face), the G22's were having feeding issues while there was a weapon light attached, and some of the 21's were having issues with mags dropping free, making one hand reloads very difficult. Other than that I'm unaware of other issues. I was told of the 17 issues by a ISP officer and on youtube, an IMPD officer told me of the 22 issue, and I learned of the 21 issue in this thread.

I noticed my G23 gen4 throwing brass in my face the other day. Had a few hit me in the forehead. First time I've noticed it and have shot 500+/- rnds through it. Actually had one case put a small cut on mu forehead.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Mine was one of the 22's that wouldn't run right with a light attached. Without a light, its 100%. With a light, it fails to go back into battery about 1/40 times. I don't know why, but would suspect it has something to do with the frame being more rigid with something on the rail.

Glock originally said it was our fault, much like with ISP. When it was pointed out that the same shooter with the same gun either had problems or didn't have problems based solely on the presence of the light, they said it was a magazine problem. They replaced all of our magazines for ones with stiffer springs. This had no affect on the malfunction. I don't know the gory details, but apparently the department threatened to go to another pistol, M&P probably, and Glock decided they'd rather we stick with them and gave us a good deal on Gen 4s.

I think its pretty ironic that someone who tossed "corruption" around so easily with no basis is going to whine that its "unfair" to point out the problems Glocks have had.

Just curious, was the ammo 165 grains?

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    At the time we were shooting American Eagle 165gr FMJ

I remember reading about the 165gr rounds several years ago. IIRC they are loaded to 2 different pressure levels, a full pressure and a "mid" pressure. The mid pressure rounds would have problems in the G22 with a light, in the other models or without the light they worked fine. Wherever I read this they were able to repeat the results consistently.

I'm trying to find it again but I don't remember if it was on the web or in one of my gun magazines. It may take me some time to find it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The big question is, since ISP has found the Glock 21 to be unworthy of duty use, does that impact anyone else's decision to carry a Glock or are we still happy with Glock perfection? For me, I don't think this changes anything. I have never been a believer in Glock perfection but still like them and have no problem carrying them. I think I can tune the brass to the face issue away and I don't run any of my Glocks with an attached light. I have a Sig 1911 for nightstand duty and don't have to worry about frame flex. I often carry CZs which do not drop mags free so I practice stripping mags if needed.

Now days, I generally carry a 1911 anyways but will not hesitate to holster a Glock if that's the gun for the day.

scottm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Hobart
    Does the Sig 227 have the E2 ergos? maybe the grip circumference is more suitable for a larger array of hand sizes?

Top Bottom