• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    Dad gave me his old Winchester model 37 single shot in 16 gauge for my 10th birthday. He followed that up a couple months later with a brand new Savage model 24 with a 20 gauge lower barrel and a .22 mag. upper for Christmas. Darn that was a good year!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    A great thread! Mine was a single shot New England 12gage. I remember that thing used to kick like a mule, but killing a few quail with it made me forget about how hard it kicked. I distinctly remember dad and I going to the department store, and he bought me that gun, and he bought him a new 12ga 870 for a quail hunt with some of our extended family. That is probably going on 25 years ago now, and we both still like to shoot some clay birds with those old guns.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    Marlin-Glenfield 778. Came with checkered walnut stock, fits pretty well, I just never picked up the back for it. But it's great with a 39" barrel for Turkey shooting!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Stevens 311 side by side, 20 gauge, two trigger, fixed chokes, Modified and full. The roll stamp was "Wards-Hawthorn". I'll bet a lot here do not remember Wards stores.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Bolt action 20 gauge from a pawn shop, fun little piece. Sold years ago, think it was a mossberg

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    JC Higgins Model 20 that my father gave me in 2003. It is a High-Standard Flite-King pump action made in 1954 re-branded by Sears.

This thread was started more than 5 years ago and is still going strong. Are there any other threads this old that are still active?

Top Bottom