• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If I pull it back TOO FAR then the slide stop engages....not far enough and I tie up the gun as the OP did.

Your slide stop should only engage if your magazine is empty. Otherwise it should simply strip off a round and chamber it.

Pull it as far back as it will go and release-- don't "ride it" home.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Back in the early 80's I purchased a S&W model 39. It had a very steep ramp. S&W rounds would not feed into the chamber. The rounds were very blunt nose and jamed every time. I changed ammo and great results.

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    sounds to me like you have a week spring in the mag. By this what I mean is the nose of the round is catching the mag and not allowing it to chamber.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Round-nose or HP? Where does it stop (nose on ramp, nose up ramp, lip of the brass on the ramp)?

Did you rack the slide all the way? I've had rounds fail to chamber by not pulling the slide fully to the rear.

It was FMJ's. And I racked the slide all the way to the rear. And I did it with force.

sounds to me like you have a week spring in the mag. By this what I mean is the nose of the round is catching the mag and not allowing it to chamber.

I never thought of that, but the mags are fairly new.

I plan on putting another couple hundred more rounds thru it this weekend. I'll see if it does it again.

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I've had my M&P mags get hung up and cause the round not to feed correctly. Took them apart and cleaned them and it fixed the problem. I now clean them every time I clean the gun.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    also, be sure to check your ammo box......some people don't realize there's a difference....but your gun is made for 9mm Luger...but if you accidently purchased 9mm Makarov....it WILL NOT chamber in your gun...it is a different round....and I've had quality gun shops sell me such a mistake and I failed to check the box myself before leaving, plus they taped several together and I couldn't read the labels well

but if you've fired some rounds through it this wouldn't be a problem as the makarov will not go into the chamber enough for the weapon to fire at all

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I've no idea what that means.

Polishing the feedramp is what I was going to say, or at least cleaning it.

I had a similar problem from what seemed like just minor discoloration on the feedramp but that was actually enough to stop the round from loading correctly. I just cleaned it was an AP brush and CLP. I believe it was lead rubbed off on the from open hollow points.

Polishing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QD3fRzjigk

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have one of those Bodyguard .380s that won't go into battery with Fiocchi, but I haven't had trouble with anything else I've tried.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    mag spring, or just general lubrication. If its a newer gun very easily could be break in. Try a little extra lube (around the barrels contace points as well) or grease in the bearing surfaces of the slide. also make sure you are "slingshotting" the slide back forward.

If you are able to replicate it on a regular basis bring it to me and i almost garentee we can get it fixed in a very timely manner.

Muntz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    I had this issue with a brand new Kimber. They polished the ramp and the problem went away. Sad to say that I had this issue with a $1,000.00 + handgun.

Top Bottom