What would you do if you had a fourteen year old son who........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Zero tolerance is the legal way for the school to protect itself, not the victim.

Papertrail, just like techres says.

READ THIS: Zero Tolerance and your child

Zero tolerance is the biggest crock of **** I've ever seen in my life.

I remember back when I was Jr. in high school, there were two guys that hated each other and didn't give a **** if they got suspended for fighting or not...Well, one of them eventually decided school might be a little more important than settling his differences on school ground.

I watched him turtle up 3 times, getting his ribs kicked in that year, so he didn't get suspended.

I didn't like the guy or I would have stepped in.

IMO, only the guy that throws the first punch should get suspended (ie the guy that physically initiates the fight).

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    One last thing. When you are forced to defend yourself, if that day happens, you will know that you have set the battle field right when this is what they say:

"We failed to protect him even though he came to us."

What you do not want them to say is:

"He's an uncontrolled gun nut who is gonna go Columbine any moment now."

If you have said anything about guns, ever, then you are already behind in the game. You HAVE to play this by the numbers, simply have to.

It is funny. They are charged with your care and protection, why not use them? I have dealt with stalking victims who don't want to talk to the police out of fear of escalation or embarassment or whatever and I always tell them that they should use the biggest, baddest, hardest stick they can get away with using and that is the police.

Use the law for you. Use the rules for you. They want you to play by some middle school code of ethics that trap you in their game. Screw that. You let them set your battlefield and you will lose every time.

Set your own battlefield. Choose your own time. Play it by the numbers and demand everything they are supposed to provide.

Now the moment is in your favor because all the schools are in a tizzy about bullying. They are all frantic about stomping it out. Some think it is overdone, but, hey, take that win in your favor. Go to them and say, "You want to know about bullying. I am being bullied. You are charged with providing me a safe and working learning environment, now how do you plan to live up to that charge?"

Or something to that effect.

Do not play out a game by the rules set by your opponent. Never.

If you do, you lose. Even if you win, you will lose.

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    Zero tolerance is the biggest crock of **** I've ever seen in my life.

I remember back when I was Jr. in high school, there were two guys that hated each other and didn't give a **** if they got suspended for fighting or not...Well, one of them eventually decided school might be a little more important than settling his differences on school ground.

I watched him turtle up 3 times, getting his ribs kicked in that year, so he didn't get suspended.

I didn't like the guy or I would have stepped in.

IMO, only the guy that throws the first punch should get suspended (ie the guy that physically initiates the fight).

+1, but getting punched sucks, in school I normally waited until their hands were extended trying to push me before I came overhand on them.

OP said this has been going on for three years and his parents have talked to the school and nothing has changed.

Thats enough for Plan B in my book. OP, I'm sorry youre going through this dude.

Plan C- Hire the biggest meanest kid in school that doesn't give a damn, and have him stomp the boys.

Top Bottom