• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I have been playing with my P3at at home, and it fits great in my pocket in a small pocket holster, with the 6 round clip in it. I picked up the 9 round clip today, and after playing with it, decided it won't work in my pocket.

Once I get my LTCH, I think I am gonna carry it OWB, with the nine round clip. Or should I just carry it with six rounds? I like the idea of having more firepower, but it was built to be a pocket gun..

INGO, what would you do? :ingo:

Six round clip:
    P3AT.gif

Nine round clip:
    images.jpg

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    *magazine

That being said, most people use those micro .380's for "pocket guns" or deep concealment. Part of their charm, they're so small. :)

If you don't have anything larger and you plan on carrying it IWB, might as well use the big magazines.

If you're going for deep cover, use the small ones and carry your 9 rounder as a backup; its easier to stash away a big magazine and a gun with a small one than it is to stash away a gun with a big magazine attached and also a small magazine separate.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have the same nine round extended magazine for my P3AT, but I did buy it more as a novelty for range shooting than I did to consider carrying my P3AT loaded with it.

If you have shot your P3AT with the nine round mag enough to prove to yourself that the gun will run the magazine without issue any time you need it then by all means carry it with the nine round mag.

Myself, I carry mine with the six round mag, but I have a holster that will also carry an extra magazine. It's one of those low cost IWB nylon holsters, but I'm pretty sure that I've seen a leather holster that will also carry an extra magazine...maybe it was a Desantis holster...

Anyway, the whole package of P3AT with extra mag IWB is still a small and light carry option. I also have a leather pocket holster for mine too that I use.

In the end, I'm comfortable with seven rounds in my P3AT should I just want to use the pocket holster. If you're not and the nine round magazine is reliable, then carry yours that way.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Keep it in the pocket and get a larger gun for IWB. The subcompact XD9 holds 16+1 rather comfortable for me with minimal printing.

Next option is run the larger mag if IWB and smaller as backup. Though majority of uses of a gun for personal protection will not require 6 rounds so you're fine whatever you choose.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Sell it and get an M&P Shield or pocket carry with the smaller mag. P3at is a bug/deep concealment gun IMO.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Carry what you like however it suits you. My wife OC's her P32 because she likes it and that is the gun that fits her best.

BTW the proper term is magazine or mag instead of clip. They are not interchangeable.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I have the same gun but I have 2 of the 6 round mags... I never liked the look of the +2.. takes away of the 'pocket' portion of "pocket gun" IMO.

Remora makes a great holster for this little gun as well for IWB .. they also have an extra spot for your extra mag :)

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    INGO, what would you do?
    I'd sell it. I bought a P3AT when it was new. Was excited to have a small BUG, but after putting a number of rounds down the tube, discovering it was finicky with ammo, finding out it wasn't all that nice to shoot, and seeing others' problems, I sold it for $100 loss and was happy to be rid of it.

(I did disclose to the buyer it was finicky with ammo).

You want a good BUG? Buy a Shield.

Top Bottom