• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Trick question? It's hard to say, especially since he grabbed a life as collateral. You can say take a shot all you want, but there's no good shot. Hostage on one side, store clerk on the other side.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What would I do? Interesting to think about. I'll say this, though, as it turns out, the guy in the gray shirt did exactly the right thing.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I am not a hostage negotiator nor am I am precision marksman with a handgun. With the way this guy moves around, I am not 100% confident of my shot even at that range. I'd be endangering myself more than than the hostage. If I absolutely have no choice and if he had started to kill people around him, then I would draw or at least jump to cover. I would try to discreetly kept my hand in my pocket and try to dial 911 covertly and leave the line open

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Victim seems chummy with grey shirt after so who knows but my default position is.
    1, dont know you not my problem probably an obummer voter who will sue me for saving your @ss. OPP
    (nothing here to make me go to position 2)
    2, overwhelming sense of honor the consequences of not getting involved are just too repulsive.
    (My more common feeling these days is how does this really involve me unless)
    3, My family my tribe I will strike with overwhelming violence and feel no remorse.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    It's hard to say you would react. That being said, I would probably do nothing to escalate the situation. Someone else's money is not worth getting shot over.

shadohman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Wonder if the guy in the gray shirt was pocket carrying. He reached into his pocket after becoming aware of the robbery, moved back but kept an watchful eye on the bad guy. Hard to tell from the video but he seemed to back off and move to the side and did not remove his hand until after the robber left. Maybe he was lining up just incase he felt the need to shoot.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    It's hard to say you would react. That being said, I would probably do nothing to escalate the situation. Someone else's money is not worth getting shot over.

I agree. Now, if the robbery part was over and he still hadn't released the hostage, that's a different story. Not sure why he grabbed a hostage to rob a convenience store, but...

I'd wait to see what happened after he had the money before trying to be a hero.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Stand back and watch. There's no reason for the thug to harm the hostage at this point and the odds are in your favor that it is going to end just the way that it did end. Everybody goes home alive. There were too many innocent bodies floating around in the picture for a clear, safe shot that guaranteed an instant drop.

Of course the action was dynamic and could have changed. At that point my answer would undoubtedly change with the situation.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Grey shirt did ok. If I was the hostage I would have disarmed the guy myself at :22. He was way more focused on the money than the gun or hostage. I'm no special agent ninja, but he's holding the gun by the slide in the non dominant hand.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    What would I do? Interesting to think about. I'll say this, though, as it turns out, the guy in the gray shirt did exactly the right thing.

Good answer.
    Note the guy didn't run. He seemed to be positioning himself for possible action. As it was, inaction was the right course.
    It's just money that was lost.
    A case for the police.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Victim seems chummy with grey shirt after so who knows but my default position is.
    1, dont know you not my problem probably an obummer voter who will sue me for saving your @ss. OPP
    (nothing here to make me go to position 2)
    2, overwhelming sense of honor the consequences of not getting involved are just too repulsive.
    (My more common feeling these days is how does this really involve me unless)
    3, My family my tribe I will strike with overwhelming violence and feel no remorse.

I thought that initially, but I'm not sure after watching it a few times. He doesn't really acknowledge her(?) until she touches him. I'd like to think Mr88GT would be a little more focused on me than the fleeing perp....unless he's gathering himself for the imminent ****storm beatdown on him. Then he can get back to me later.

I've already told him that if I'm ever taken hostage like that, I'm just going limp. None but the strongest of men would be able to haul my ass around and keep up with the gun-pointin' and direction-yellin' at the same time. Plus it gives him a clearer shot when I drop.

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    Are you guys kidding? That dude in the grey didn't have no gun in his pocket and he most definitely wasn't moving into no kinda position to do nothin! He moved out of the way and had no intention of doin squat is what I saw.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Are you guys kidding? That dude in the grey didn't have no gun in his pocket and he most definitely wasn't moving into no kinda position to do nothin! He moved out of the way and had no intention of doin squat is what I saw.

Be careful guy. The grammar police are strict here.

Top Bottom