• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bruno1371

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    in the middle
    Yeah was wondering if he was your big or little brother because you're either gonna have to administer a 400 dollar ass whoopin or tell your mom. Either could be effective.

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    Had something very similar happen to me a few years ago following a deployment. let a good friend (who used to own a gun store) borrow a few guns to go shoot and then generally look after because i was looking to move and such (didn't have a safe). He ended up selling them all. Never saw him again. Filed a theft report, was advised by the detective and the district assigned prosecutor that it was a civil matter since i willing place the guns in his physical possession.....blah. about $4k worth....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is what I'm thinking. The whole story, he was doing good when I lent it to him and the next thing I know he was back doing drugs and alcohol. I should have known better.

Is your brother legally allowed to possess a gun? If not and you knew that and you gave him a gun anyway....

shaynster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Rochester
    He's my little brother, but a little bigger than me. We've had a few bouts, but no punches thrown.:D There is 14 years between us. I'm 42 he's 28.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This is what I'm thinking. The whole story, he was doing good when I lent it to him and the next thing I know he was back doing drugs and alcohol. I should have known better.

So you knew he had a drug/alcohol problem at least at some point. Yeah, I'm thinking lesson learned.

Is your brother legally allowed to possess a gun? If not and you knew that and you gave him a gun anyway....

This could cause you a problem.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Theft for sure, call the police file the papers, just in case the up standing young man he sold it to uses your gun in a crime. Then when the dust clears, I would give your family member a big can of whip ass!

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Seriously... If you purchased it from a dealer, theres a paper trail, that leads right to you. So, unless he took it to a gun buyback program, Im sure its in some shady hands.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Your brother needs a little tough love to help him grow up. If you do not/can not pursue this criminally, you still need to follow through with a civil suit. If you allow him to do this without any consequences he will learn nothing and cause you even more headaches in the future.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a witness that knows the whole story. Sad thing is, it's my brother that sold it. I'm really hoping he does the right thing and pay me for it. Needless to say I'm not talking to him. It's only $400 so I don't know if it's worth going to court over.

I know this sucks but just because he is family does not make it right and you should let everyone one know what he did and is capable of. I had a brother that was worse than that> I warned everyone but it fell on deaf ears. It cost them all in the long run.

Did he get his A$$ kicked for being a low life thief....oh yes he did and more than once. Did it change him...no it did not. Some people are just idiots.

Now....about loaning a gun to an idiot.......Really....:dunno:

You had no idea he was a deviate....none??? You know he is a drunken druggie and you gave him a gun........I guess confusion is all I can come up with.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    first all standard prerequisites apply. IANAL YMMV etc.

Ok that being said. you mentioned your brother that you loaned the gun to does drugs and alcohol. I wouldn't risk his bad actions coming back to haunt you. I would call or visit the local law enforcement office and talk to them and go with their advice. I am thinking reporting it as stolen will protect you from possible legal problems later.

this is worth what you paid for it. and it is just my :twocents:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    As the late great Rick James once said "cocaine is a hell of a drug"... That being said call the police and report it stolen.

Then most importantly never ever, ever ever have anything to do with him again. Like they say shame on you the first time shame on me the second time. I have a few family members I will not have anything to do with and my life has been better for it. You can't choose your family but you can choose to not deal with them.

Good luck.

Top Bottom