• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    What clothing would INGO'rs wear IF they KNEW trouble was coming? Tornado warning, riot, SHTF? Tactical, 5.11, bdu's jeans,t-shirt? INGO hat?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Same cargo pants as any other day. I would probably OC though. OC an AR...

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    If trouble was coming, I could care less what I was wearing and care more about what was in my hand. I mean, what you wear is not going to change the outcome of the trouble at hand. Does anyone really believe that wearing Tactical, 5.11, bdu's or some other type of clothing will really help? It's whats in your hands that will determine the outcome.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    what I wear everyday, jeans and and t or polo shirt, and my lowa boots. now if it was summertime I live in flip flops and shorts.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I wouldn't wear an INGO hat, everyone would know I was carrying! A good pair of boots would be very important, with multiple pairs of socks and clothes that I could layer. COLD, keep clothing Clean, avoid Overheating, Loose Layers, stay Dry.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    +1 for layering. I wear work boots on a daily basis, even with work slacks and a polo shirt. Probably just grab the carhart bibs, hooded sweatshirt, raincoat & muck boots out of my work truck. I even keep extra socks in the truck.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Probably what I wear whenever I'm not working: Cargo pants, t-shirt with a button up shirt over it and steel toed half boots. If I'm at home and its not a natural disaster but rather something involving hostile people I might throw on the body armor.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Yeah, which season does the SHTF?

Summertime, I wear cargo shorts, hawaiian shirts and Birkenstocks, but the cold weather, it's Levis, under armor, and Bates boots.

No matter the season, I think I would want something that I could bust around in the brush without getting all scratched up. I wouldn't plan on being anywhere near town, but laying low in the hills and hollers.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    If trouble was coming, I could care less what I was wearing and care more about what was in my hand. I mean, what you wear is not going to change the outcome of the trouble at hand. Does anyone really believe that wearing Tactical, 5.11, bdu's or some other type of clothing will really help? It's whats in your hands that will determine the outcome.

You are right ,(it's what[weapon] in your hands)possum, but I wouldn't want to climb out of the rubble of a tornado destroyed building barefoot in my shorts. :rolleyes:Nor would I care to defend my wife and myself from armed rioters dressed in my PJ's. :ar15:I was watching PDTV and everyone shooting wears some tac-ti cool clothes which prompted me to inquire what the INGO'rs thoughts were.:ingo: When a storm's coming it's boots, jeans, heavy shirt with a vest(5.11) to hold my gloves,light,knife, gun, ammo, phone, radio, ......

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    You are right ,(it's what[weapon] in your hands)possum, but I wouldn't want to climb out of the rubble of a tornado destroyed building barefoot in my shorts. :rolleyes:Nor would I care to defend my wife and myself from armed rioters dressed in my PJ's. :ar15:I was watching PDTV and everyone shooting wears some tac-ti cool clothes which prompted me to inquire what the INGO'rs thoughts were.:ingo: When a sorm's coming it' boots, jeans, heavy shirt with a vest to hold my gloves,light,knife, gun, ammo, phone, radio, ......

Yup, plus consider how less effective you are in your bare feet once you step on a rusty nail or a piece of glass.

Top Bottom