• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    What distance and are you using a timer?

RnR7CEm.jpg

Almost all modern pistols are capable of shooting very good groups inside of 15 yards IMHO. The question is which pistol can you shoot the best, the fastest? A shot timer and some B-8 targets go a long way in figuring this one out.
    I have a timer, and don't really know how to use it. My comparison was done at 50 ish feet and shot at a pace where I felt I was getting the most accurate shot that I could while standing.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So last night I ran a little test in the backyard thinking about this topic. G19 Gen5, G17 Gen4, Sig M17, and Beretta M9A3. Same distance, 4 different types of ammo, all on paper. I honestly didn't see much if any difference in the level of accuracy in any of those handguns. I was thinking I'd see some guns prefer a type of ammo over another, but generally the guns themselves shot each type of ammo pretty consistently. The ammo was CCI 115gr aluminum and brass cased, Winchester white box 115gr, and Federal HST 147gr.

Maybe I need to shift my focus to match grade ammo, if there is such a thing in 9mm?
    Unpossible, only <insert my favorite brand> shoots good, because it is the goodest.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I have a timer, and don't really know how to use it. My comparison was done at 50 ish feet and shot at a pace where I felt I was getting the most accurate shot that I could while standing.

Use the timer to measure from first round fired to last for each pistol. Your fastest and best group is in theory the pistol you shoot the best, very simple concept.

Top Bottom