• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I have a model 1915 Stevens/Savage "Favorite" in 22lr that my uncle left to me when he passed several years ago.
    I would post pictures but Photo Bucket had a fit and I haven't tried to find another site to post them.
    It's in really good shape and I keep it in a gun case to protect it.

I also have a Favorite. Mine is the octagonal barrel. Quite a nice little single shot.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I have a Remington Scoremaster .22LR bolt rifle circa 1950's.
    Shoots pretty good but I'm spoiled by modern day sights & glass.
    The old iron sights don't excite me much.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    For me it’s a Winchester 52A. They only made them around a year in 1936 as a transition between the 52 target and the 52 B. Good shooter too. Though not as accurate as a HB B C or D Model. All of which are more accurate than I am :)

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Winchester model 77 tube feed semi auto made in 1955. Awesome shooter.

My Grandpa gave me his old Model 77 a couple of years ago or so. I've only shot it on a couple of occasions so far, and I don't recall having any reliability issues with it. It has an old low power scope, and I noticed that the screws worked loose and the scope was wobbly, so I need to get it tightened up and zeroed when I have the time.
    It's a somewhat rare gun, only about 21,000 of the tube fed variety were manufactured. I'll never sell it.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I have a Winchester 1906 pump .22 lr/s
    The back end was pre-ww2 but the front end was post ww2. The bluing is also completely gone.
    =not valuable at all.
    But it still shoots straight, and it a lot of fun.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    My father-in-law gave me his 1947 Savage 6A/Stevens 87A "Gill Gun" before he passed away.
    Shoots, both Semi-auto with 22LR or Bolt action with 22Short or 22LR.
    Good fun to shoot and fairly accurate too.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The 87A can be locked closed and shot as a manually operated repeater with all three types of ammunition. I have a .jpg of the operating instructions, if you're interested.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Probably my Hamilton Boys Rifle circa 1905 but my Mossberg Model 44 US Property stamped training rifle would be my second most.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    1938 Mossberg 46a bolt gun .22 Short, Long, Long Rifle. Excellent bluing, bore, and stock with the 4a adjustable peep sight and hooded front sight.
    Also the No.6 scope mount and 4X scope.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Old Marlin 88- was my grandpa's gun. Dad is 75 and remembers it from childhood. No serial number.
    attachment.php

attachment.php

Savage 87J- Gill Gun- Inherited from an uncle- IN UNFIRED CONDITION- Appears to never have been fired. No serial number. He bought it new. DOM~1950s
    attachment.php

attachment.php

Savage 87B- Gill Gun- Inherited from an uncle- IN FIRED CONDITION- He owned it from brand new. Accurate as heck. DOM 1949
    attachment.php

attachment.php

Western Auto Supply Revelation/Marlin 110- Gift from an uncle- IN FIRED CONDITION- DOM 1966
    If i had a penny for every round I've ran thru this gun... I could by a car... not kidding. Still accurate. Sometimes it will jam up as the action is worn out.
    attachment.php

attachment.php

GunErgy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 4, 2018
    Westfield
    I have got an old Remington Targetmaster Model 41 that has won me a few hams and $100 bills at indoor turkey shoots and a Savage model 72 that I guess qualifies as an old rifle....1972 IIRC...That doesn't seem that old to me until I do the math and realize I was six years old when it was made....:)

Indiucky - I inherited my father-in-law's old Targetmaster Model 41 circa '38. He kept it barrel down in an old brine tank in the garage so needless to say it required some work (furniture is in great shape though!!!). That all said the front sight is gone. Any idea where I can find one? Thanks.

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    Mine is a Marlin 1892. Great, accurate lever action. It is incredibly hard to find parts. My uncle gave it to me. It does not extract shells. It also, when fired, plugs the brass case in the barrell (very hard to get out). I've tried to find the inner parts to fix, but to no avail. Would love to have it in proper working order but from online research, it would be very costly.
    Side note. I also have one of those savage 87 j pictured above. It was my dad's.

GunErgy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 4, 2018
    Westfield
    Mine is a Marlin 1892. Great, accurate lever action. It is incredibly hard to find parts. My uncle gave it to me. It does not extract shells. It also, when fired, plugs the brass case in the barrell (very hard to get out). I've tried to find the inner parts to fix, but to no avail. Would love to have it in proper working order but from online research, it would be very costly.
    Side note. I also have one of those savage 87 j pictured above. It was my dad's.

I love working on these old (pre-WWII) guns because of their simplicity, but man parts can be expensive!

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    Winchester 69 1935ish or my Winchester 62a, can't decide. The 69 was only made maybe 2 years. It cocks when you close the bolt, the later 69a cocks when you open the bolt.

Top Bottom