• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Was always wondering what that place was... It looked to me like something out of blazing saddles...
    It's on US 30 west of Plymouth. I've never been in it but have driven past. It kinda looks like an old west movie prop from the outside.
    I guess the prices are very high from what others have said on here.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    Not to thread jack, but to those not able to shoot at Kodiak come check out Shoot To Thrill in Goshen. Best ventilation system you will ever shoot in, clean, professional and amazing prices for what you get. Shoot To Thrill Inc Shooting Range has pretty much everything from address, phone and details; currently by shooting you get entered into a giveaway they're doing (Glock42, 22LR ammo and more). As for Kodiak, latest I've heard is they may be re-opening at some point in Early 2015...that is all I know.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    It really does seem like they are hiding something. At least make an announcement on their webpage or FB page about what is going on. If there is new ownership I would like to know.

When Shoot To Thrill (Rocket Guns range) in Goshen opened up, did one of the guys from Kodiak go over there?

Negative, well kinda. Norman Hood does training in numerous locations. Shoot To Thrill does have him as an instructor and he used to instruct at Kodiak.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Negative, well kinda. Norman Hood does training in numerous locations. Shoot To Thrill does have him as an instructor and he used to instruct at Kodiak.

That makes sense. That's probably who I remember seeing listed on both sites at one time or another.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    That makes sense. That's probably who I remember seeing listed on both sites at one time or another.

Depending who you are friends with you also probably have seen many a Kodia shooter posting about Shoot to Thrill...outside of a couple obvious spammers just trying to run STT in the mud....they've all loved their new spot to shoot in Goshen. If you haven't checked it out, you should buzz out some time.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    From their FB page they announced the Friday December 5th at 11:00 A.M. is when the range opens back up.

PISTOL calibers only.

There still might be steel targets. Depends if their web page is up to date.

Last edited:

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    From their FB page they announced the Friday December 5th at 11:00 A.M. is when the range opens back up.

PISTOL calibers only.

Had a shooter in yesterday who stated the same thing. No official confirmation of this to my knowledge though.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    Instead of paper targets, he wanted metal ones — the kind that move to indicate a hit. Instead of simply standing still, he wanted a tactical range where people — and the targets — could move to simulate real word experiences. And he wanted the live-fire house — so that shooters interested in home defense could practice the same sort of techniques that the police and the military use.

In order to accomplish this the ventilation system would have to be overhauled entirely because it's one thing to clear and clean the air efficiently when shooters are all in the same spot and you can push air forward and up...then when you have shots occurring all over. The amount of materials, equipment and time to truly make a range fully tactical and safe to have shots not escaping would be immense. I mean it took Shoot to Thrill nearly a year to build their fully tactical range and despite having a ridiculously nice air filtration system and still choose the lined bay style range (inherently safer anyways).

A simulator or simunition house is an awesome idea but again costly endeavor and I doubt this has been done either...long term possibly but not in this short of a turn around. I just hope for the shooter's sake they have a HEPA quality air filtration system now, no carpet in the range at all as none is allowed according to EPA...their shooters deserve this and much more.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011

PISTOL calibers only.

Yes Kodiak Range is open. Only one range is open. they cleared the steel range and just paper targets.
    the tactical and shoot house is not open. again they will not comment.
    Big crowd showed up for the opening.

Top Bottom