• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glennster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    It looks like wheel guns are at the down side of the cycle when it comes to selling. I've been trying to sell some, but there seems to be zero interest. I remember when they went cold, then it seems like they got hot for a while. Looks like it's a great time to sell black/plastic pistols......
    Are you guys seeing the same thing?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    It depends on the pricing of the items in question.

I have recently seen the price of a revolver being advertised here on INGO for $150.00 over what I paid new inside the last 6 months from an FFL. I also just saw a used pistol for sale that is the same exact model as what I carry, approximately the same round count, options, etc. that is $200.00 over what I paid for mine in the last 6 months from a private individual.

I am not ripping on you and saying that you are asking too much for a firearm, if you even have a firearm for sale on here (I haven't looked), I'm just saying that I quickly browsed the classifieds and people seem to value their firearms for sale quite a bit higher than what I think the "average price" should be.

Sure, it's their firearm, they can ask any price they want for it. I'm not even shopping for a firearm right now. Just something I noticed that may or may not pertain to what you are asking about in your post.

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I think guns are cooling off in general. I see prices comming down. Even when you offer a deal they are just setting there. I have a 28 gauge 870 that I am only asking $280, a steal in my mind. I check gun broker and they are going around $400 there. I think it is just an offer all soft gun market right now, and a market as a whole to be honest. People are only buying what they need right now, I know I am. No more buying guy just becasue I would like to have it. This economy scares me. I see thing getting worse. Good luck on selling,

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Any thing will sell if it is priced appropriately. Many of the revolver ads that I have observed here are listed at much more than the market will bare. Nothing better than a good wheel gun but when you can buy black plastic modern technology for less then they'll win every time :twocents:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    According to the Taurus folks, one of their best selling models is the "Judge" revolver in .45 colt/.410ga.
    They are a nice piece(I have one) but I'm still surprised that this caliber is selling so well.
    Firearms ARE selling, it's just that times are tight. I, for one, have been TRYING to take what little advantage I can, and build my collection while prices are depressed.
    I don't want to profit on someones misfortune, but someone WILL buy these guns, and I figure if it's something I'd like to have, and the price is right, I'm ALL OVER IT!
    The economy IS tight. I see it everyday.
    I'm a self-employed contractor. Business HAS changed this year for me. I can't say I'm any slower, just different types of work being requested.
    I am BLESSED with a business that SEEMS to be trying to grow, EVEN in this depression.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I think some of you hit the point correctly. The gun market heated up so much that people were selling anything and everything for a higher than Manufacturers suggested retail price. During this frenzy buying, people had a little extra money. Now many have lost jobs or have had their income cut back and guns have dropped back to normal pricing.

redbarontoys

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    It looks to me that a lot of people stockpiled at the frenzy prices and are now trying to recover their losses. With all the operpriced stuff out there right now, good deals on ANYTHING should sell.

holejack1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    South West Indiana
    Revolvers seem to have shot up in price rediculously, even run of the mill smiths. I love em, but I can't justify paying double for a revolver, what I can buy a decent brand name auto for. In the eighties is was the other way around, with autos being about twice what a decent revolver was. All supply and demand I guess, and not many makes of revolvers left today.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    It looks to me that a lot of people stockpiled at the frenzy prices and are now trying to recover their losses. With all the operpriced stuff out there right now, good deals on ANYTHING should sell.

I agree with this. But Ive gotten lucky lately on here. I picked up a rare Milled Mak-91 (fired only 10-times) with 590rds of ammo for 750. Rifle its self is worth around :) hehe. The guy knew he was giving me a deal But wanted it to be cared for (Its loved:D) He had paid much much less for it in the early 90's Major WIN-WIN!

Got a riding mower for only 75$ works great!

Picked up a WASR for 350

2 M&P mags for 20$

Deals are out there. But just not many in the last week or so.

Like was said B4 Lot of people spent to much and are trying to recoup there money so they can buy at the current deflated prices that I kinda fear are only temporary. With the way things are prices will shoot up for X-mass as I think this will be the last decent X-mass for a few years.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Pricing is crazy on some guns

It looks like wheel guns are at the down side of the cycle when it comes to selling. I've been trying to sell some, but there seems to be zero interest. I remember when they went cold, then it seems like they got hot for a while. Looks like it's a great time to sell black/plastic pistols......
    Are you guys seeing the same thing?

Being a dealer I buy at "dealer cost" which can vary depending on the volume you buy and try to mark up 10%. I can make $20 on a transfer with zero investment so on some guns I do not make much more than I would on a transfer, on items like stripped lowers I make less than had I done a transfer for someone buying the receiver on a auction site.

I have a Ruger LCR for sale with a minumum mark up for $420 and as soon as I listed it someone on the classified section listed a use-like new one for $350 and it sold right away. This person or the previous owner must have lost a bundle on this gun and pricing this low really distorts the market for others. I have been a FFL since 1996 and this is as crazy a market as I have seen. I will not buy anything for stock until things settle down. It makes no sense for me to buy a gun and they sell it for a few bucks more than I paid for it and tie up my money. I think Gunbroker still has some crazy people trying to make a killing on their guns but many are starting to price realistic again. Most of the distributors have zip in stock so you have to wait for delivery for an unknown time period on most items you ordered which is why the prices are higher on the sites that have the item here and now. :twocents:

Last edited:

motoman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Idaho
    i didnt think prices would start comming down only 5 or 6 months after the election but they are tremendously. im glad i didnt buy that much at those prices

mighty2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Jeffersonville, IN
    My Thoughts

I think that the gun market is back to the way it was this time last year.

There was a lot of folks that jumped on the buying of anything they could get their hand on that went bang. Now there are people out there that are looking at what they bought trying to sell it for what they paid for it with a profit.

I have tried selling a LNIB FNAR with a extra mag for 1200.00 with no luck. It is the vacation season so I see it picking up a little towards the hunting seasons!

Just another mans thoughts here!!!

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Maybe, just maybe the panic buyers or Investment buyers have lost their jobs and are trying to sell at what would be banned prices? I for one love wheel guns but am worried about how long I will be employed. So no major purchases right now. With luck I will not have to sell either.

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think it depends on what you are trying to buy. The prices on some guns have come down but others are still high. Particularly the AR's and AK's. I remember when WASR's were under $200 and "good" AK's were less than $500. It's hard to even find one now that's not ridiculously priced. I will wait.....

Top Bottom