• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How can you even say that?! And how can ANYBODY say that Manning is not one of the top 3 QB's of all time?? He is about to get his 5th MVP and has broken just about every passing record there is. Yes...he is not great in sub freezing temps. And yes he only has 1 superbowl win. But the way I see it INDY never had a decent running game and their D was average. They expected Manning to win the game with his arm. I see the same thing in Denver. The running game is better, but their D is below average!

Kind of hard to put together a whole team when you have one player hogging so much of the salary cap.

If Peyton cared about winning superbowls, he would have put the team ahead of himself.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Kind of hard to put together a whole team when you have one player hogging so much of the salary cap.

If Peyton cared about winning superbowls, he would have put the team ahead of himself.

That greedy money hoarder. He ought to share some of his excess cash.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I saw Manning miss so many tackles and blown coverages it's no wonder he is a loser. Stick a bunch of friggin purple all over this one. Manning is only one player. He can't stop the run, catch the ball, kick field goals, or run back kickoffs, all at the same time. NO ONE PLAYER WINS EVERYTHING BY HIMSELF

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That greedy money hoarder. He ought to share some of his excess cash.

He can do whatever he wants with that money or make as much as he wants. Although few workers can ever enjoy such a hugely subsidized salary as he does.

He just shouldn't complain about the reputation he earned as a choker. He decided that the money was more important to him.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I saw Manning miss so many tackles and blown coverages it's no wonder he is a loser. Stick a bunch of friggin purple all over this one. Manning is only one player. He can't stop the run, catch the ball, kick field goals, or run back kickoffs, all at the same time. NO ONE PLAYER WINS EVERYTHING BY HIMSELF

Ever heard of this thing called a salary cap? Kind of hard to surround him with top tier players when a bulk of the budget is already spent.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I did not know that Harry. I will have to completely re-define how I look at this game......:)

oops, purple intended.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I went to a few games in the old dome. That place was just nuts loud. It actually hurt.

I can honestly say that sitting in section 304 row 1 the last 5 minutes of the game was the loudest I have ever heard a crowd,
    and that includes the old Hoosier (RCA) Dome and Market Square Arena.

:rockwoot::woot:

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    how many years was manning in the league til' he won his first playoff game?
    this is luck's second year

still love peyton tho

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Ever heard of this thing called a salary cap? Kind of hard to surround him with top tier players when a bulk of the budget is already spent.

The salary cap sounds vaguely familiar. Maybe we should pay everyone the same amount of money? Let's raise the minimum wage and dress everyone alike as well.
    IF you have the skills you should be paid for it. Superstars draw more T-Shirt bucks than nobody's.
    These owners have some major dollars to play with. For most of them this Football stuff is little more than a hobby.
    Fantasy Football for the Rich and Infamous.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can honestly say that sitting in section 304 row 1 the last 5 minutes of the game was the loudest I have ever heard a crowd,
    and that includes the old Hoosier (RCA) Dome and Market Square Arena.

:rockwoot::woot:

My wife/BIL/SIL were there as well. Somewhere above the 50 2nd tier. She was near deaf when she got home. What a game.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The salary cap sounds vaguely familiar. Maybe we should pay everyone the same amount of money? Let's raise the minimum wage and dress everyone alike as well.
    IF you have the skills you should be paid for it. Superstars draw more T-Shirt bucks than nobody's.
    These owners have some major dollars to play with. For most of them this Football stuff is little more than a hobby.
    Fantasy Football for the Rich and Infamous.

If most corporations had $700,000,000 facilities built for them and operating costs paid for them, they'd have plenty of dollars to play with as well. These teams have this kind of money because they can pawn a bulk of their costs onto the public.

I'm not pro or anti salary cap but it appears to be here to stay in football. Until football becomes a one man roster or the salary cap is gone, the Peyton's of the sport will continue to hurt a TEAM roster.

Besides, I thought one of the biggest reasons the Yankees are hated so much is because they spend the most on salary.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    If most corporations had $700,000,000 facilities built for them and operating costs paid for them, they'd have plenty of dollars to play with as well. These teams have this kind of money because they can pawn a bulk of their costs onto the public.

I'm not pro or anti salary cap but it appears to be here to stay in football. Until football becomes a one man roster or the salary cap is gone, the Peyton's of the sport will continue to hurt a TEAM roster.

Besides, I thought one of the biggest reasons the Yankees are hated so much is because they spend the most on salary.

It is the nature of Professional sports like any other business to make a profit. As long as we have politicians willing to hold their hands out for a "reward" and lie to us about how good it is for our economy this will continue. IF I had the skills, a good agent, and I was marketable, I'd take all I could get. Let them cripple me up for the big bucks. I'm not a Pizza fan so I probably wouldn't get a large market share like some. I'm just jealous I don't have the skills and income from them.
    Free enterprise and as long as there's a profit for all to be made so be it. Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl in a while either. Lots of players make more than Manning without even reaching the SB. The money is a perk. Jay Cutler just got a huge contract this week.
    Fill the stands, suck in the TV revenue, and let the taxpayers subsidize the owners pockets. Sounds like Professional sports still.
    I love watching Football as long as it's a good product on the field. I don't see me getting moral on it at this point. I'm going to watch it. Like millions of other fans. I'll ***** and whine about the Colts bad games but I'm going to watch. IF They lose all the time I'll get my panties in a knot.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Not a Colts fan cuz I couldn't stand Manning for being the d-bag that he is, nor cuz of Irsay-the owner the NFL would have never permitted to own a team if he had tried to acquire a team any other way than inheriting it from his old man.

If Irsay would sell the team and give the $600M back to the city, I'd probably root for them. Otherwise, they can KMA.

msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012

He did when he restructured his contract to save 8.5M on the salary cap.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    all that needs said about this thread's Manning hate ^^

I'm very glad that we're headed to foxboro instead of Denver. Go Colts!

Putting things in a different light for me here.... After much consideration...I'd rather face Denver than the Patriots. I think we'd have a better chance. Hopefully we'll get to play both of them.

Top Bottom