• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    That's why they play the games folks. How many hosting teams won first round this year? One of Four. Cincy, Philly, and Green Bay - all hosted - all lost. The Colts were the only team of round one to hold serve. How do you measure the human heart. How do you gage the human spirit? How do you quantify what will happen when there are so very many variables.

Who knew the Chiefs would lose so many starters in the Colts-Chiefs game?

How many starters hit the field on any given day that were second, third, fourth round draft pics? Anyone remember what round Brady was picked up in? He's played with a chip on his shoulder ever since and walked away with a fist full of super bowl rings and a bag full of money.

Players are free to ask for what ever they think they are worth.

Owners are free to offer players what they can afford and stay within the cap - it's called running a business.

Citizens are free to pay to watch a game in person, or watch it for free on tv, or completely ignore the whole business.

The whole issue of building the stadium and deals between the city of Indianapolis and the Indianapolis Colts aside, most of what's under discussion here with regard to the Indianapolis Colts, Peyton Manning, player salaries, etc. is all part of a free society and the free market. Don't like it? Don't watch. Don't buy.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Here it is....The Playoffs. I'm looking forward with anticipation to the next Colts' game against N.E.Patriots.
    I'm thinking about the spring and summer without football again.
    Go Colts and go all the way in the Playoffs. The off season won't seem so long..

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Do what Brady did and then talk about Payaton doing something for the team. Payaton didn't do something without it benefitting himself first.

I'm having a hard time understanding this whole line of reasoning. Irsay could have said, "Too much Payton - can't do it - I need more to build the team". Payton then says, "Well, I'll have to consider my options with another team". Then Irsay says, "I wish you would reconsider, but if you must have that much then I'll have to consider the over all team and go on the look for another quarterback...don't think that guy is Sorge."

See what I did there - free enterprise - pretty much the same discussion any boss and any employee has for virtually any job.

If you don't like it that Irsay paid Manning too much, then the fault really lies with Irsay, right? As a consumer you can send him (Jim) that signal by not buying Colts products or attending any Colts games, right? You can write letters and voice your opinion. First Amendment - awesome. Free enterprise - just as awesome.

Elway took a lot of heat for hiring Payton. Paid a bundle to get him. Good business decision? Well, based on last year they dominated the regular season and lost in the first round to the eventual Super Bowl Champions. This year? Another first round bye in a very competitive division and are among the favorites to win the Super Bowl. We shall see - that's why they play the games - but so far looks like John made a number of good investments - Payton isn't winning games all by himself.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I am totally shocked that we picked up Deion Branch earlier today. Especially in the playoffs! I wonder if they got him more for his WR skills, or for his brain since he played for the Patriots not too long ago.

Davis and Toler killed us in the secondary Saturday. My opinion that's the weakest link in our D. If we can't force punts it's going to be a long day. Another thirty something receiver? Why not. Maybe he'll catch a ball or two.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Does anyone seriously think Brady would have done a better job here than Manning did? Outside of Dungy we didn't have a decent coach. Look back close and see who we had to guide the team. Manning did a hell of a job with the coaching we had. Never had a "D" and Dungy was supposed to fix that. Does anyone remember Ron Meeks? He couldn't stop a hockey puck even if he passed out in front of the net. Brady has had the benefit of a heck of a system to play in. Moore, Mudd, Huey, were good coaches but let go when we needed them. Some of Polians decisions still baffle me.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Putting things in a different light for me here.... After much consideration...I'd rather face Denver than the Patriots. I think we'd have a better chance. Hopefully we'll get to play both of them.

Finally a Colt's fan that knows his ass from his elbow. Peyton is a paper champion choke artist that can't make it out of the first round. Any Colt's fan should want them to be playing in Denver rather than Foxborough.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Does anyone seriously think Brady would have done a better job here than Manning did? Outside of Dungy we didn't have a decent coach. Look back close and see who we had to guide the team. Manning did a hell of a job with the coaching we had. Never had a "D" and Dungy was supposed to fix that. Does anyone remember Ron Meeks? He couldn't stop a hockey puck even if he passed out in front of the net. Brady has had the benefit of a heck of a system to play in. Moore, Mudd, Huey, were good coaches but let go when we needed them. Some of Polians decisions still baffle me.

Polian was and still is a total control freak. If you challenge him.....bye-bye.
    Manning ran the offense from the field. One of the best at that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The Colts were a poor, poor excuse of a football team when they drafted Peyton. The team Luck has inherited is light years better.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    True. Moore was a positive in the Offense but Manning was a master at changing things around after the hard count got the D to show its hand.

...and still doing it. LOL. Was blessed to watch the Denver opener with a good friend who lives in Denver. He offered to let me use one of his tickets and watch the master at work. Made the "new" Baltimore team look downright silly.

Peyton wears a super bowl ring - something Marino and a host of other hall of fame quarter backs never achieved - I wouldn't bet against him winning another one.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    ...and still doing it. LOL. Was blessed to watch the Denver opener with a good friend who lives in Denver. He offered to let me use one of his tickets and watch the master at work. Made the "new" Baltimore team look downright silly.

Peyton wears a super bowl ring - something Marino and a host of other hall of fame quarter backs never achieved - I wouldn't bet against him winning another one.

ScreenShot2013-10-20at9.19.15PM_original.png

The "new" Baltimore team also beat the Bronco's under the "new" chief under center.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I was referring to the "new Baltimore team" as this years dismal performance. The season opener was Baltimore at the Broncos where Peyton threw for a record number of touchdowns and ran the Ravens out of the stadium.

I'd sure like to see them again in the AFC championship.

Top Bottom